• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 14, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Charlie ,LOL it was 70 here today and sunny. I would take that 1650 off your hands if you don`t want it ...lol . i don`t have one like that here.Just got the repairs done to my garage where the big truck backed into it 4 days before xmas. Glad to have the Cub shot back to normal. tomorrow i will go 3 hrs to bring home a fire place for the wife she saw (free) on kijiji . so about 7 hrs driving for me with the trailer in tow. Hope to see a Cub along the way. Later Don T

hello all first time posting on this site. probably know several from accross the street site. Thought i would post since i got my membership 2 weeks ago.

Hi Trevor, welcome aboard! Share what ya have going on........
thumbsup_old.gif

I have a few projects in the future. I want to restore to factory shine a 70 that a friend gave me, and my mowing machine the 149 after this summer i need to replace the hydro gasket and try to get some of the hood rattle under control and maybe some paint. Everything is running right now so not doing to much but using them to work

Rob N. - That bracket on the back is a trac vac mount. The motor and blower mount on the tractor, trailer hooks to the blower frame. My dad has one just like it that I changed over to traditional long hitch trailer type so he can use it on multiple tractors.

Ryan M.
Makes sense on the trac-vac mount rear hitch, the deck had extra holes drilled in it near the discharge side and somebody cut the rounded edge flush with the raised rib.
I know a 1650 with dual hydrualics is against some kind of cub ownership law to be red, but the work required to strip it would not justify the means. I plan on making this one a worker.

Last Saturday I did something that I did not think was possible. I snapped the front axle on the red 1650. Went to lower the deck while creeping forward and accidently hit the hydro lever. The left rear tire hit a locust fence post and bang.........two piece axle. It cracked right where the idler pulley makes grooves in it if to short a belt is used. Located a replacement and pondered what color to paint it, I settled on black. After all the tractor is totally "custom" already!

Kendell, I e-mailed you my last thoughts on the gears. That and a dollar might get you some coffee.

Keith, The cub collection liked the storm. Lots of cleanup all over. Only out of power overnight. A cub generator might be nice. We get tired of not having water when the power lines go doun.
With any luck the snow is melting off of a engine for the 782. It is somewhere up at Charlies in a snowbank.

Since we are talking about red tractors, A few weeks ago I came across a 2072 with a blown motor and 60" deck - (yellow and white of course), I took my 782D and moved it all onto the super chassis and drive line. Now it has power steering, dual brakes, dual hydraulics, Cat. 0 lift, Ag's and a tool box.... The wife calls it the BOSS.... I thought that I was the BOSS...

151732.jpg

151733.jpg

151734.jpg

151735.jpg

Aaron - Guess we know who wears "the panty looms" in your house
bouncy.gif

I don't know about you Charlie but I think Aaron has way too much time and toys on his hands. For punishment I think he should spread them out to others <font size="-2">meforone</font> and for the time part he can work on others Cubs <font size="-2">meforone</font>. Watcha think
lol.gif

Aaron,
That is one sweet looking tractor. Nice - I would love to find me one of those - too bad my tractor fund is so small.

Well, the sheet metal's in the right place....
coffee.gif

i have a 105 with the 12 horse kohler-does anyone know if there is a modern drop in replacement-something with the same bolt patten, shaft configuration? rebuild is expensive, like to go with updated motor. thanks for any help.

Charlie, was it too cold to paint that new hitch before you installed it?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Kraig,
Actually no it wasn't, BUT!
It was raining so hard that we couldn't even hear one another talk inside the shop. LOL
Not to worry though, it and the 125 will get painted up real soon.
bouncy.gif

Robert,
By the time you find an "updated" motor and retrofit, you'd be money ahead to rebuild the original engine and have more power and torque to boot. You just can't beat these old engines.

Latest posts

Back