• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 10, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure some one will explain it better then I could have, I don't have much experence with Cubs yet either. But I just rebuilt my PTO last spring.

I am sure someone has some insite on my question as well
happy.gif

Patrick-

If you're going by the parts look up for a wide frame clutch I believe it's a tad incorrect. The correct order for the driveshaft parts are (front to back) stationary pressure plate, clutch disc, moving pressure plate, teaser spring, spacer (with teaser going into the cupped end of the spacer), clutch release arm/lever, throwout bearing (correctly oriented), clutch spring, and WASHER. There is suppose to be a washer between the clutch spring and the coiled roll pin that holds the spring tension. Be careful with the compressed spring; it can do damage. If you don't have a spring compressor I'd make one. The manual instructs on how to use a vice with brass jaws but that way can be tricky. You can go to Matt Gs website and see the spring compressor he designed.

http://mgonitzke.net16.net/

It works great and can even be used with the driveshaft still in the tractor. I'd also go back with all NEW coiled roll pins (4); they can develope tiny stress cracks that are hard to see.

Good luck.

Right, thank you. Did all wide frame's come with that spacer? I wounder if that could have been part of my problem.

Wayne Shytle

I will be a dead man if the wife finds out I offered to by a 125 with a tiller and deck. Owner say the tiller was never used. I could use a tiller lol.I do have a parts tiller here but I`am missing a few bits.
old.gif

BILL J. - IH never made a rear discharge mid-mount mower deck. I know a couple companies did. Being able to trim on both sides would be an advantage for me in my yard.

I bought a brand new Parker 30 or 32 inch lawn sweeper probably about a year after I got my 72, would have been about 1982. I pulled it around a L-O-T, sweeping clippings & leaves. I had to make the hitch to pull it, and I quickly found I had to add weight to the drive wheels so it would sweep well. I mounted a 3" channel iron to the top and set a heavy steel block that weighed about 100# in the channel. Worked great.

The sweeper was O-K for my small in-town lot, but with all my trees at this place it just wasn't big enough. The first couple years we lived here I remember SON & I working on leaves SIX weekends in a row. SON pulling the sweeper with his 129, me transferring the leaves/clippings from the sweeper into the cart and hauling them off. Three dumps of the sweeper into the cart. SON spent a lot of time stopped and waiting. The sweeper would fill up in 50 feet some places even with the leaves mulched up by the mowers.

I use the same cart now with my vac unit, but I made sides & a top for it so it holds about 3 times as much, plus since I load it while moving the material settles and gets packed in, so I figure anywhere from 5 to 10 times as much material per load. And I STILL get 25 to 30 loads of leaves & clippings in the fall!

Wayne

No price yet , but this thing is rusty. Can some one fill me in on this tiller.

239036.jpg

I`am thinking this would be a pile of work to get back in usable order.

looks like a 1a tiller with exstesion, that sticker looks great but that is a whole lotta surface rust

Ok, so my plan, (if something doesn't happen) for the day is to pull the fender assy off the 109 and give it a good cleaning. Anything to check while I'm in there?

CHARLES - Before you head out to work on the 109, read the FAQ's on the hydro trunnion repair. There's pictures of the spring slots, compare them to the one on your 109. If it hasn't been fixed properly in the past it probably needs it.

My 982 had been repaired once before I got it. Instead of the permanent weld repair, somebody drilled two small holes in the trunnion arm and installed a long cotter key to form the one side of the slot.
bash.gif

Also make sure your cooling fan is intact. Be careful, those plastic fans are fragile. And check under the hydro unit, right above the oil filter for signs of leakage. The infamous cork gasket is right above the filter base.

Don-

Feel 60 yet??????

I agree with Jeff that it appears to be a 1A with an extension. If the price is right I'd buy it. It even has the tiller belt cover which is mia most of the time. I'm assuming the gearbox and all comes with it.

Are you planning to put us through another 125 refurb???

Charles-

Go back and read the book I wrote for you the 5th of May in refurb and restore. I did forget to mention the fan that Dennis mentioned. They're usually broken being plastic and unprotected. If you need to replace the fan be sure the ring clip secures it well to the driveshaft. I was test driving a cub one day (without the tunnel cover) and looked down to see the fan "walking" towards the engine on the shaft. As soon as it touches something it's toast. That time I just pushed it back in place and put a few rounds of electrical tape on the shaft on the engine side of the fan to stop the creep. It's also a pretty important part because of the heat generated by the hydro pump.

Latest posts

Back