• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 10, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AJ Simpson - FWIW, over the past several years, I've been using an impact wrench on the deck blade bolts. Seems like when I go the long wrench or breaker bar route, I'm wanting to bend the deck where the spindle's attached.

Wide frames sure do look goofy with the standard narrow wheels/tires.
238971.jpg

238972.jpg

BILL J. - Yes, the 982/50C has the 5/8" belt. The mule drive belt had started to fray slightly, one cord came off the side of the belt, I cut if off and kept running it. I bought a replacement/spare, $50... OUCH! So I hope the old belt lasts a while longer. The grass I was mowing was some over-seeded ground I'd fertilized and sowed new grass on the fall before. All the seed sprouted and grew really nice & thick & lush. It was a dry summer and I didn't mow that part for about a month. Then we got some rain and the grass was 1-1/2 ft high, same height as the frt tires. I just creeped along mowing all 50 inches. The Onan never seemed to labor that hard.... Then I saw the blue smoke billowing out the front. I stopped the tractor and let it run at a fast idle for maybe 20 seconds and the smoke stopped. After a couple minutes I resumed mowing at an even slower pace.

I think my new mule drive on my 72 isn't going to last too much longer. I mowed the last part of the yard, it's stretched enough it slips in any grass over 4-5 inches tall.

Harry, according to the previous page and Jeff's book, I have the 15 amp unit, #1101691.

QUOTE;
"By jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 01:05 pm:

Hydro, I have a book " original farmall cub and cub cadet" and in here it say's IH used two S/G's on the 1x8/9 series and they were the 1101691 or 1101692. The only difference was 1101691 was rated at 15 amps and the 1101692 was 12 amps.

Both were supplied by Delco-Remy. It also say,s the 1101691 was factory installed while the 1101692 was its service parts-replacement.

Not sure if its true but thats what it says"

Tom:
fence.gif

Not "goofy", "natural". Want better looks? Ags on the rear and tri ribs on front. IT'S THE SIDE PANELS that look goofy. :eek:)

Dennis - I hear you on smoking the belts. Bad that it happens, but good to know it ain't just one of my other color tractors doing it.

I'm looking forward to getting my 1650 going and giving it a try on my yard.

I don't know if IH ever made one, but for one of my other color tractors, I've got a rear discharge deck. I really handles tall grass well. Leaving the clippings behind means no clogging in any way. It is also possible to mow/trim close on both sides of the deck. The deck really doesn't have a vacuum and so it doesn't sling rocks or dust. The only downside is if the grass is heavy, it will leave the clippings pretty visible, where a side discharge deck spreads them out nicely. However, being rear discharge, I can pull a sweeper while mowing too. Sweepers work great even when the grass is very wet - vs a bagger. The other downside is it kind of makes a mess of the rear underside of the tractor.
old.gif

I'm just curious if IH ever made a rear discharge deck for the Cub Cadets.

Went to a local CC dealer today; couldn't believe how much a new one costs. They want 3,000 or so for a belt driven tractor with a deck that has steel the thickness of my 147 hood. (approx.) NO thanks!

hello all new to the forums and i just got my first cub cadet 1650 i dont know to much about it but i have read up on this forums for a while now any way i was thinking on a snow blade on the front but a guy told me i need a special
mounting bracket for this tractor any one have a picture of this set up thank you

Chuck D.

Welcome
beerchug.gif

Look around the site and read through all of the available FAQs. If you use the Cub Cadet Parts Look Up (Link in the middle of the sponsors boxes at the top of the page), enter 1650 as the model, click on the model and then click on the attachments, and then the 42 and 54" push blades and you can see a exploded parts diagram of the blade and mounting hardware.

With the 1650 you have a hydraulic lift, you may have aux hydraulic ports on the front of the tractor. If so, it would be easy to install the blade with hydraulic tilt. Those parts are also shown later in the list of attachments.

Again, welcome aboard!

Frank C,
}I'm trying to keep it like the CHEAP 8hp Cub Cadets used to look. <font size="-2">(But I do have the 3 point, spring assist, headlights, and the creeper ready to go in when I "redo" it.</font>

I just read the on-line operator's manual for the Cub Cadet 1250. Being new to this site and a never before owner of a Cub Cadet, (I haven't picked up the tractor yet as of this writing) I was looking at the set-up installation and removal of the mower deck. It looked like this process is actually a two step operation. Therefore, is the deck separate from the belt drive unit, and is it necessary to remove both pieces, or are they connected together, and removed/reinstalled as one piece?

I hope the question makes sense to someone, as it doesn't to me. I intend to have a lot of fun with that 1250, although I am totally nuts for buying it.

Thank you.

Hey guys- the pics will be posted on the restoration/refurb page in, like, 10 minutes. (every pic I hav so far. BTW, yes, its a C-clip. I couldnt remember what to call it- thanks. as for my pto question..
238976.jpg

Shouldn't the inner pullley-gear-whatchyamacallit be out of the bigger one so the button pushes it in? or does it work differently? I'm just slightly confused.

Brian- In my mind you could theoretically remove them as one piece, but I haven't owned/worked on a 1250, and on my 126 and 109, it seems like it is much easier to remove them as separate pieces, versus one single unit. Therefore, I have only ever removed or installed them as separate pieces. Besides, they weigh less that way.

Brian, if you just want to remove the deck to sharpen or replace the blades or to clean out accumulated grass clippings you can leave the sub-frame/mule drive and belt in place. If you are changing over to a snowthrower you would then remove the mower deck then the sub-frame/mule drive and belt. The way I remove the mower deck is to first lower the mower deck, then pull the two spring loaded pins at the rear of the mower deck, this will allow the mower deck to move forward so that the belt can be removed from the center pulley. Then I raise the lift so that the sub-frame is raised up. Then the mower deck can be slide out to one side. Hope this makes sense. Check out the manuals on the manual page for more info.

as for the 6/7 and 73 series this book says that at serial# 305875 that IH swithed to S/G # 1101691 (same as 8/9) from #101996.

Charles, I can't really explain how the pto clutch works but that is how it is suppose to look.

I have a question, On my 128 clutch according to the parts list diagram it shows main spring, throw out bearing, clutch lever, teaser spring then spacer and finally the plates. Mine never had a spacer but it has a washer and I can't really remember where the washer was
sad.gif
I should have taken a picture before I took it apart but now I'm wondering if I should get the spacer. could the spacer been replaced with the washer by a previous owner? Every thing seemed to work properly before the throw out bearing stopped being a bearing. Once in awhile if I tried going into reverse the right tire would spin and I wouldn't go any were on flat ground. But I had just thought a brake could be sticking?

Patrick- As long as that's how it's supposed to look, I am fine. I can definitely find something else on the tractor to worry about, lol. As for your question.. I'd get the spacer, if it were me. However, I can't really say anything else, because I don't know much about it..

Kraig M, yes my sister and I were in dad's driver training program very early. He still has the 127, bought it new from my uncles IH dealership.

239009.jpg

Latest posts

Back