• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 07, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
189926.jpg

189927.jpg

189928.jpg

189929.jpg

Everything's fine now. I had two carbs on the shelf, a walbro and a carter. I really want the carter to go in Dads 128 so I used the walbro after opening it up and giving it a quick "going over". It runs like a brand new tractor now. My problem was definitely the carb and nothing else. I just went and got the mail which is 1/4 mile away with no issues at all.

Thanks to all involved....Wayne

Wayne - Let me bolt that @@!*&% carb on my 127 ... or take it to the shooting range.

Kentuck-

I would gladly let you have it. I hate when something refuses to be fixed. As I stated, the walbro I'm now using is just fine. It makes me wonder what in the world could be wrong with that other walbro. It went through three cleanings and was soaked before the last one. I go through carbs all the time and never have come across a situation like this. I hate the missing high speed adjustment. The sad thing is the carb isn't very old at all; the throttle shaft is still tight. I'd guess it has less than 100 hrs on it. I still think it's a gnat hair. I even put about 110 lbs of air all through the carb after the solvent and carb cleaner. It has always worked in the past. It's just one of those pizzy days.

Wayne:
thumbsup.gif

Even before I installed the new engine, I pulled the Carter off my original K301 (even had to fix the worn throttle shaft) and put it on the black replacement motor back in '95 just because of the "missing" adjustment screws....

Now all we gotta do is get Frank's running....

I tried to fix the sterring on my o today
but I have a clearence issue the the sterring rod joint nut it is hitting the clutch you cant see it in the pics becaus I lost the nut in the gavel flor $%^&@$% I would like to have a 24x11 cub shed with wood flors but that costs $$$$$.
What do yall think is causing this?

I got my tractors out today and played with them.

189946.jpg

189947.jpg

189948.jpg

Hi, there everyone. I'm new on here and own a 1969 Cub Cadet 124. I've had some issues deciphering the serial number of the K301A (Kohler) motor on it. The serial number is E0022933. All literature I've seen regarding these serial numbers state that the "E" should be followed by 6 digits, not 7. Also, that the first two digits should be between 10-19. Anyone know anything about this? Appreciate any info possible.

Ok, got the 149 out to mow and after about 3 laps lost throttle control. Slow idle or wayyyyy too fast. Is the plastic governer gear most likely to blame??/ And can it be changed without a compleat teardoun?

Kentuk, I honked at ya when I went by Corbin this afternoon on I-65-- on my way to WI

Kevin McD...That's a five digit # as the first two zero's after the E are just spacers! It's a 1969 five digit serial number...

Myron B

Jerry B.
My 100 did that when I got it. It just needed the govenor adjustment and all was well. Something to check anyway.

looking for some info on a 39P or 59P INTERNATIONAL chipper shredder made in the early 70"s TIA

Rob,
I saw one last year for sale here locally, looked a 59M except powered by a briggs & scrapiron engine... Kraig may have the photo i posted. A search may find it...

Rob:
I've got the version built by Amerind-Mackissic (they built the IH ones).. It's got a 5 horse Briggs, belt drive w/cetrifugal clutch.. The hammers are reversible and drilled on each end so you get four hammer faces to use - I've never had to reverse ours.. I may have the A-M manual if you've got operating ???s

I have a somewhat unigue <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Sand Trap Rake here that is missing some pieces. Since we're starting the tractor-show season, I thought I would mention if anyone happens to see one at a show this summer, I would appreciate if you could get me the owner's contact info so that I could get some measurements of the missing parts from him or her.

Here is what I have...
189956.jpg

Here is what a "complete" version looks like..
189957.jpg

Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

In need of information:
I remove the external brakes from my 1200 when I started to rebuild my 1200. The question is what is the distance between the Brake Mount from the Brake Disk?
dunno.gif

everyone,
steve b. thanks for the diagram on the k17 to m18 swap. im having all kinds of thoughts.
wonder if an ignition from a 1817 that is grounded in itself from factory vs 782 that is not grounded, splicing the white wire (ground) from the m18 coil to the ground wire on the 1872 ignition would work. before i tore the tractor apart it was running, but it would not turn off using the switch. i would have to take the white wire (ground)from the coil and grond it on the engine to turn the tractor off. thanks jon

Paul D - I hope you didn't get to lost 'cause Corbin is on I-75 ! Well you were ten miles from me... I guess that was close enough. You should have stopped anyway , my yard didn't need mowed.
whistling.gif
Frank W was brave enough to stop once ... once !

Kid<sub>e</sub> - Are the hammers still obtainable ? Years ago I was at a scrap yard and pulled a slightly torched greene chipper out of the pile of junk. It's a 59M from the looks of it ... what I can see through the regurgitating greene paint. The head still spins but the hammers are really worn.
Kathy and I were looking at it just a few days ago as I was thinking about using my new boom to haul it to the garage and start working on it. I mean after ... 12 years I think it's time to do something with it !

Frank W - What'd ya do , loose the spacers ? What am I going to do with ya ...

Back