• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all!
happy.gif

What would it take to install a 125's 12 hp engine in a 73 to make it a 126ish tractor. Is it a drop in replacement? Will I have trouble using an engine that was connected to a hydro?

Will the worn out 7hp propel the 125?

James,
The previous owner painted the 149 and I think he made the decals. The letters look to me like mail box lettering.
It looks pretty good unless you examine it up close. I do like the font better than original.

Chris - I doubt the little 7 will give you much satisfaction on the hydro. It takes around 3 horse power just to run the hydro unit itself. I don't know about the crank shaft height on the 7 if it allows line up with the trans. I've not had one that small but if it has a 1" diameter crank ( pretty sure it would) then the coupler would work from the K301.

Dean - I guess us regulars are kinda feeling Kraig's pain and aren't much concerened with the forum tonight. (Comin's and Goin's)
I check in from time to time out of habit.

To everyone who rebuilds a front PTO-------- Please buy and use anti-seise on those set screws. does not hurt to run a tap through the threads and clean them. You will thank yourself next time.
Another good place for the anti-seise is the mower blade bolts. You will thank yourself later!

Jerry - Got 2 tubes in the shop
56275.gif

Oh BTW - Jerry plans on buying your cubs so he'd appreciate it if you'd use it!

Dean:
I don't know if you got your answer about the generator mout being similar to the Chipper shredder mount. From the pictures I saw posted here, there are different. The chipper shredder has a mount that has two pillow blocks that hold the shaft that connects the PTO to the shredder. Also there is a second mount that connects to the first that the shredder mounts to. My shredder is stored 45 miles away or I would give you bettter info.

Ken:
What did I miss regarding Kraig?

Ken:
I had not made it down that far. I just got that far and saw the answer to my question.
I take them one at a time.

I thought you might have linked directly to this page, that's what I use to do in the old days. That's really old days as in B.C. (Before Charlie lol)

Hey Guy's, just trying to make the ol-girl last longer. other than a lil smoke at start up she's running like a blue speckled puppy. It's mainly a push and pull tractor, with a off topic cub being main mowing tractor. Thanks I am learning a-lot from the cub masters but like to ask dumb questions from time to time.

Latest posts

Back