• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarson

displayname
jared carson
Ok. Dumb question time (I guess). My 782 has the sleeve type hitch according to the diagram posted a couple of weeks ago. What kinds of implements can be attached to the sleeve type? The 3 pt. makes more sense to me if I want to get a plow or something. Am I totally confused here? By the way, Digger, is the plow in your pics new, or did you just do a great job of restoring it because it looks great!

Jason, there are cultivators, plows, grader blades, planters, rototillers and all sorts of stuff that mount to the sleeve hitch setup.

Ok then, here's another one.
18524.jpg

Ryan,
You really want me to get in trouble postin green don't ya!

Art- You are right...I remember the straight beam..and that pic that Charlie posted is like the plow that Robb just got isn't it?

Here is the plow I was referring to.
18525.jpg

And a ultra rare "pin on" Brinly plow frame/tow hook.
happy.gif

18526.jpg

Gosh Charlie, those are some nice wheel weights!
happy.gif

Off to do some plowing in a residential yard! (no Art, not yours...this time... mo-ha-ha)

Thanks guys for the pictures . I think I still have to get a part to make it work I'll have to get me one of those brinly adapter things to get it to work or make me one.

Hi, I aquired a 6 1/2 inch plow at srping break and am wondering how rare a find this is?
The nice folks at Brinly told me they havent made the 6 1/2 inch since 1960.

hi I have a 782 which has a wandering neutral position on the speed control. If I go forward and step on the brake I hit neutral. If I go in reverse and step on the brake I tend to stay in reverse.neutral also changed its location all together after a few hours with the moldboard plow.It seems like the FAQ dampener spring linkage thing, but I wondered what you guys thought? Thanks, and I have to say you guys are doing an awesome job to help keep all these cubs going. It has been a blast so far.
By the way a sleeve hitch, brinly plow, a box scraper, and a dump cart has turned me into an 8 year old with a 1.5 acre sand box.
thanks again, John

Ryan,

The red plow is not the same as the straight framed Brinly. The red plow is actually a Snapper gardening system manufactured by Brinly for Snapper.

I hauled a 10" sleeve version of the red plow to "Mr. Brinly" at WFM.

Nice pics of the M&W William.Looks good in the green grass.Almost got all of the M&W pic on a cd for you still have to put some pics of the two labs.

Oh come on Bryan, coffee,s been on for a long time now.
Hey, it could be worse. The "REV" is pouring cement this morning. And then I get a bad time for not bringing more tools and sweat to the job.

Wow, I like the stake pockets on that bottom picture...they look cartoony...the whole tractor "sitting" on the deck for that matter!

At least he is on a gear drive though.
happy.gif

Since I have access to the Chicago Building Department's scanned documents, I thought I'd do some snooping on 600 S. Michigan Ave, one of <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>'s old office buildings. Not a lot there, other than the fact that a LOT of companies owned that place. Seems Fairbanks Morse owned it after <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>.

18539.gif

Latest posts

Back