• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 30, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles,
sounds like the breather is doing it's job, venting crankcase gasses... You 'prolly have worn rings and/or guides causing a little blowby....

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
I have a set of those v61 on my 1512 Diesel and will order another set for my loader soon. I find they steer real nice and would be great tires for a loader. My 129 loader has rib 4 ply ribs on it now and I think the 6 ply v61 will make the loader carry the load of a full bucket much better. And I like the way they look also.

Lucas, hard to tell from your photo what might have happened to your steering. You're probably going to have to tear it apart somewhat to see what came apart or broke. The 122 in the photo I posted belongs to Dan Hoefler, not sure about the hole I don't own a 122. As for the seat, it'll be hard to find one in that condition, and if you do find one like that it'll be expensive. If you can find one that is in need of repair but still has the blue edging you can have it reupholstered for approximately $50 or so. Here's one I had redone, it no longer has a one piece vinyl covering but I actually like this look better.

187567.jpg

Here's a photo after I removed the old padding and vinyl but before it was reupholstered.

187568.jpg

Here's a photo of it after it was reupholstered.

AFTER

TRISTAN - That was Donald T. that had that good price on the V61s from his Canadian distributor. And 50 Bucks to mount them is ROBBERY. I think $10/each is more than enough. Like Matt said, couple tire irons or BIG screwdrivers is all that's needed to mounth them, and some dish washing liquid for lubricant.

RYAN, KENDELL - From talking to several mechanics, when they first start working and filling out their toolbox, or like My one Buddy, who was also a "tool-a-holic" the payroll deduction for tools was almost half their pay check.

There was a time 20-25 yrs ago My local Sears store got real difficult to deal with about replacing tools. But it was the local store's problem. Current store, you walk in with whatever is broken, salesman helps you find the new one, prints you a "no charge" reciept and your on your way.

The fact that the major tool companies market tools direct to mechanics thru the local salesmen who run delivery routes is the BIG selling point. New purchases, returns, etc all handled at the same place, same time every week.

Dad used to have an "Independent Tool salesman" visit him about every 3-4 months. ALL brands of brand name stuff plus WIX oil filters. Dad didn;t buy that many tools, but We used WIX filters in everything!

Steve "B",
You must have a different Easter Bunny in HOI country, I only get eggs.

Dennis Frisk

I JUST FOUND MY SLIP FOR THE v61 170/60-8TR 6 PLY. 2- $30.76 each,2 tubes at $8.50 each and $20.00 shipping ( around 900 miles from here)I think I will order 2 more sets lol. A set for my 129 loader and a set for my 149 .
Have a great day you all!
old.gif

does anyone here know how to install a kill switch for a cub cadet 1000?

Latest posts

Back