• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 30, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No there off of the engine thats in the tractor. It runs good but i wont have a temporary use for it since im putting the 14hp in the tractor and the 12hp could use a little fix up work in the mean time anyway.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor
What is that black handle I see on the Tractor you posted. It looks like a draft beer handle lol.
beer2.gif

Don, Charlie has the ONLY Cub Cadet that I know of that has draft control on the lift...

Josh, I'd use the 12hp flywheel, blower housing, grass screen and various parts.

Photo taken by Hank Will III at Plow Day 9, Spring 2005.

187509.jpg

187510.jpg

Pretty cool for a non beer drinker huh!
biggrin.gif

Actually, I broke the handle and didn't have another one handy and had a box of those tap handles I bought a garage sale for $3.00.
So I stuck it on there temporarily and I think that 5 or 6 years ago.
lol.gif

Charlie "Digger" Proctor
Well that cool lol.I do like the handle and would do the same. I`am bad for a temp thing lasting years lol.

Kraig
my common screw driver has SSD4 Canada and the philips has SSDP 42 NO 2 Canada

It would be nice ,I know Frank C in Maine would love that handle if it did work .
beer2.gif
beerchug.gif

Charlie, you broke the vertical part of the handle? How'd you do that?

Charlie, you had the draft handle on in 2003 at PD6, so it might be more like 7 years that you've had it on your 1450...

Snap~On to work on my 1250--- because I was a dealer for over 5 years, when getting out of the tool buisness I kept a few tool cabinets & a bunch of chrome.

Hey guys,
had a quick question for you.
I have a 128 I got about a year ago and am slowly going through it to be a work tractor.
While running it this weekend I noticed smoke/mist come from somewhere up near the governor and points when running near WOT.
What could this be and how would I fix it?
Charles(Trey)...everyone calls me Trey

Trey - Make sure the oil dipstick is in good. It should seal the crankcase.

Easter Bunny came early......

187528.jpg

6 plys 18x8.50x8's for the front of my loader, and a pair for a friend.

Tires Unlimited in Ohio was the distributor that the Veredstein USA office gave me....$145/pair (6 ply...4 ply backordered) with tubes, shipped to my door ($58ea. + $9/tube + shipping). I thought that seemed fair enough, considering how scarce these can be.

I have had a bad cub day!!!!!!!!! I was seting the points on my original and i cant get them to go to 0.020 they dont adjust far enuff i fired it up and it idels fast??? I notice some rub marks on my deck so I turned my sterring wheel
to se if it did it and POP!!! I have now lost all
sterring control the plat and adjusting nut has completely fell (i hope) or broke off I will trie to upload some pics.

Kraig McConaughey, Nice 122 where can i find a seat.

What is the whole on the 122 for on the 123 there is a plate to cover it and what is a good way to cover it.
187530.jpg

Had a great evening. Changed oil on the 149 after it sit for the winter and it fired on the third Everything held together for the winter. Nothing else needed for now. Guess I will live with the hydro creep for another year.
Guess I have to yell at Ken about that "JB"weld again!

Speaking of tools, I have been a diesel mechanic for several years, now moved into the office. Over the years I have found little difference in quality or price between Snap-on, Mack, Matco, or Cornwell. (Craftsman is for homeowners) In my opinion, if I am spending the money I want the name to go with it. That's why my toolbox is full of Snap-on tools and nothing else. By the way, don't ask to borrow them!

Ryan:
(off topic) I'm sure that there are thousands of surprised mechanics all over the country who were just reclassified as "homeowners" because they chose to pay for function rather than name..... I've known Matco, Snap-on and MAC sales guys and they all bet on the guys who buy brand rather than function (and a couple of 'em lost their a$$ when the mechanics couldn't afford their $5000.00 tool boxes and $200.00 end wrenches when the economy tanked in 2000 and again in 2008).

Went for about a 210 mile ride today, best thing I saw was three guys loading what looked to be a 125 into the back of a pickup in Ona, FL... I thought about going back and making sure they had the URL for the Forum, but the wife thought we should get home....(we were still about 70 miles away at that point..)

Steve Blunier -
Got my V61's today also! Sounds like Dennis F had the best deal but I had already ordered mine from the place in Queens. $134 shipped w/ tubes, but for the 16x6.5x8 size. Wish the 18's would have fit but I dont think they would have. Went with an ATV tire for the rear, GBC Gators, which are basically ag lug style but with siped lugs and available in a much wider range of sizes (I got the 25x10x12 6ply to replace my 23x8.5x12) hopefully they will fit ok.

Only problem I got is my local tire shop seems to be a bit high for install - they want $50 to mount the tires. Is this reasonable? Or should I go elsewhere?

Latest posts

Back