• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 11, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David S. - My couple of 73's have a huge phillips head bolt with a spring behind it.
255368.jpg

I think my 125 has the big Philips head bolt on the PTO engagement lever. would all the NF tractors be the same ???
1a_scratchhead.gif

Denny ? Paul ?

The hoods on my tractors all rattle. So I thought I would try an add a garden hose tap washer between the hood and the grill support. I also have some with plastic washers here that I want to try. What do you guys use ? No one could see if one was used so Harry would never know .
clappy.gif
feint.gif

Lewis Do-Da and Paul - that's a good catch on the TC-157. I think you both must have a little older version than mine. My W/F units, 1x8/9, only list the engine on the page before the engine break down, but the Quiet Line units show the same page as Paul posted. My TC-157 shows "Revision No. 25, Issued 3-92". Guess I'll have to send it back to CCC for all back date pages for important information to be added.

Charlie - you better get the back date pages for your system. Interesting the W/F engines get 7/8" per Lew and the QL engines get 1" bolts.

Morning all. Picked up a couple Originals yesterday and one has a chain drive setup in place of the belt. Curious if anyone else has seen that before?

Donald, I would use plastic bushings. They work great on my seat and these springs really make a difference too. And one other thing, I guess I like things straight and just don't understand why all the pics of front ends on these cc's have crooked headlights. I stuck a small aluminum wire in the rubber gasket through the grill and you cannot see it. Keeps my lights straight.
255373.jpg

255374.jpg

255375.jpg

DT
What model are you having issues with? I use the the plastic door edge guard material on my narrow frames. Works real well.

Thanks Guys, You all are great! What I have is all wrong then, cept maybe for the spring. The huge thumb screw hits on the lift arm so I knew that wasn't right. And the PO had the grills from the 70 and the 73 swapped is why the 73 hood wouldn't fit!! Took me an 'bout to figure that out!!

Lesson learned: the hood from a 70 will not fit on a 73 grill and visa versa!! And...the parts look-up is really vague in some areas!!!

Road trip planned today to pick up a 125.

Dave S

Harry,
My TC-157 is Rev 24 dated 2-81.

Donald T,
The parts manual calls for a "Bolt, 3/8-16 x 1-1/2 CZ, Cr-Res Truss Head Machine" for all the narrow frames from the 70 thru 125 and probably the 73 although this manual (TC-113., Rev 26 dated 6-91) shows the same PTO engagement arm as used on the 1X6/7, which is incorrect for the 73. The CZ=Cadmium or Zinc plated, Cr-Res= Cross Recess which to my knowledge would be a phillips, truss head bolt, or in your words "a big phillips head bolt".

Drive shaft roll pins... I haven't bought my roll pin punches yet. But I tried for ten minutes to get one of the 1/4" spirol roll pins out of the clutch coupler on the 70 the other day and hadn't budged it a bit. Finally said to heck with it and grabbed my impact hammer, just like this one, http://www.toolsource.com/heavy-duty-hammer-cp7110-p-105823.html

One quick blip of the trigger and the pin was out.

I bought it 10-12 yrs ago when SON & I put all new suspension bushings in his '93 Lightning. We'd grind the head of a 1/2" dia. rivet almost flush with a die grinder and in about ten seconds the rivet was out of a rusty ten year old frame.

Guess I'll delay buying those roll pin punches a bit longer. The "Punch Drawer" in my tool chest is full anyway.

Latest posts

Back