• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 29, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHARLIE - Did that CC grader get built up around Osh Kosh? The workmanship sure looks familiar.

Dennis,
From what I can gather from Bruce Ritch, it was made close to Statesville, N.C.. More details to follow later as I get'um.
Bruce doesn't do internet or puters, so it's all snail mail and phone calls.

I want one! I'm not a nf guy, what model series was that based from?(It was made from a pre-81 cub so I think it's still on topic, repeat I think)

EARL - My guess is a 104/124 because of the hood...no "Bird Baths" in it. Could be a Hydro too....105/125.
CHARLIE - Real nice piece of craftsmanship & design.... He needs to spend some time talking to His local Speedy-Sign-a-Rama about some decals. Guy could just go crazy with that thing. I don't think IHC ever made a grader themselves....put they supplied a LOT of engines to companies that did.

I need one of those!
drool.gif

Thanks Charlie !
bash.gif

Now I gotta go change my underwear!!

Zach - Bryan put long set screw studs in his cover then put on nylocks to hold the cover year round then the screws were long enough to put the gear box on and another round of nylocks to hold it on.

Hey Gang,

Ok, got the 106 & boy what a girl! Real smooth! There is some vibration/scratchy sound from the PTO area I need to look into. But, she is a real survivor that's for sure!

Now, there currently is the orignaly 42" deck on. My question is can my 50C deck work on her? It's 8" a little more weight all the way around but I don't think it will be that much more strain on her.

Let me know please I'm dying to know!!!

Brian R.

IIRC the 44s and 50s will fit with the modification of the subframe. I think you need a humpback subframe used in conjunction with your front muledrive. Steve B or someone will be along soon to clear that up.

Jim,

Seems if that's the case I might be ok. The 106 has a 44" on it now. Hence I'd say the 50c should work then as it stands.

I'm interested to here what Steve thinks. Thanks!

Brian B., make up your mind does it have a 42" or a 44" deck on it now?
happy.gif
The 42" decks are kind of squarish, the 44" decks are rounded and look almost the same as the 50 decks. You will have to use the "humpback" deck subframe as Jim mentioned, you might also have to swap out the pulley on the deck if it was from a later Cub and I think the 50C might have the wider pulley for a 5/8" belt rather then the 3/8" belt that the 106 requires. You'll also have to change the mule drive and pulleys on the mower deck subframe as the "humpback" style deck subframe will have a wide frame front bracket/mule drive and you'll need to change that for a narrow frame front bracket/mule drive as Jim mentioned. I believe this is the style deck subframe that you will need.

54104.jpg

Of all the mods that get posted here, that grader really stands out! I'm sure I'm not the only one salivating over it. Great stuff!
baldguy.gif

Charlie I saw a CC motorgrader like one you posted at White Oak North Carolina Show the other weekend. Did those Pictures come from there? It's a nice unit and somebody has more time than me.

Jim,

Seems in my ecstacy here I forgot I had a 42" deck. Went to put the deck on & saw exactly what the trouble was. I do have the frame for the 50c from what it looks like in pile. Will it fit on the 106?

Mark S., the front tires on an Original can be 4.80-8 or 4.00-8 (I think either size will fit the rim). Lots of guys like the tri-rib tires. Cedar Rapid Tire is a good source. Just click on the "Lawn & Garden" button then select the size you want.

Brian B., I have never personally tried to fit one on a narrow frame but it has been done, give it a try and see how it comes out. I did give some details below on what might have to be done. Good luck.

Can anyone tell me what I need for belts on a 1250/ shreader combo? Both my belts seem to have disappeared over the winter. Any idea what the model numbers were on the units?
Thanks

Deano

Latest posts

Back