• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 29, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,

Here are a few pics of what I have on the 1862 now will this work on the 106?:

54117.jpg

54118.jpg

54119.jpg

Here is the frame etc. for the 106:

54120.jpg

54121.jpg

54122.jpg

It loos anyway like if I need the mule drive off of my 1862 then no problem. It looks like the hump frame will fit on the 106 no problem. Now, here's the thing will the CURRENT 106 frame be usable on my 71 with the rototiller if I switch everything over?

I guess some questioned need to be answered above first. Thanks again for the insight guys! I'll tell ya what I belong to a few other group but this is so far the most informative & technically accurate. I just thought you may want to know.

On the wideframe models, how do you fill the hytran? Is there a hole to fill from on the top? Or do you just fill with a funnel through the hole in the rear end cover?

David E.
A funnel throught the plug in the back plate works well. Slow but it does the trick.
Thats how I filled the tranny on my 129 the other day.

Brian R.-

I hate to rain on your parade, but a 50" deck is <u>really</u> pushing it for a 10 horse tractor. That setup will struggle a lot. Actually a 50" deck is pushing it for a 12 h.p., too, 14 is better and at least 16 is great. I can make my 18 h.p. 1811 slow down quite a bit with it's 44" deck without trying too hard.

Matt,

I was afraid someone was going to rain on my parade. Hey, honestly it was worth a try. I'll stick my 42" deck & stay in the safe zone.

Ok, then on to the next question then. When I engage the tractor's PTO after 20-30 sec it starts to make a squeling noise. I'm hoping it's just b/c it has not been run in awhile & the mechanic at the dealer firgot to grease something. What do you guys think? I do have the ability to send video if you really wanna hear it. I'm hoping it isn't the PTO bearings or something like that.

Well, I finally have time to post... ugghhh, the work never stops. Anywho I got to mow the weed sprouts in the yard monday, but the cub died on me on a hillside with the gas tap or valve thingy on the down side, sounds like a fuel issue, but I don't know fer sure, might be time to change the feul filter again, who knows, HELP

Glen - It might have been so tilted that it let the float shut off the flow.

Thanks Ken, anybody know WTH this thing is??? Kraig sent it to me on one of his cool CD's
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back