• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 29, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CDL Jr: looks to me like it says LME on the carb. Brian L

Anybody got a good idea for aligning an engine in a tractor after installation? I don't want to wear out my 582's new clutch when I put it all back together.

Matt G.
I always grab a tape measure and check from frame to block on both sides at the base of the block and get it as close as possible.

Nick-
Thanks for posting that picture of your BIG red Versatile.

I remember when you let me get behind the wheel of that beast after everybody left PD that year.

That memory will be with me forever...
happy.gif

Kraig-
Got a picture of "the box" for Ron R Schmitt?...

Gentlemen (& ladies?) - This is my first time posting, although I've been lurking about for some time, reading all your posts and learning lots. Actually, you all are so knowledgable it makes me realize how little I know!

I only own one cub: a red 782. Do I lose points for not keeping it all original? I recently replaced the original Kohler K17 with a B&S 18 hp Vanguard. I haven't had the opportunity to put it to a real test under load yet, but just running around the yard, I'm very pleased with it. However, it's much lighter in the front end without that old Kohler anchor. I use the tractor primarily for tilling now, so I may need to weight the front end. Do they make a 'suitcase weight' setup to fit a 782.

Finally, I'm intrigued by the Plow Day concept & hope to come down as a spectator and meet some of you in Iowa on April 14th.

Lonny B. / Lynn F. / David K.,
Thanks for everyone's input on my HyTran purchase decision.
thumbsup.gif

I decided I'll pick some of the 'real-deal' IH HyTran Ultra fluid today. I'll take my clean 5-gallon pail and have them fill'er up! That should re-fill the 127 and still provide me with some for 'makeup' for my leaky 129.

I REALLY need to find & repair the hydro leak on my 129, considering the cost of the Hytran that is slowly dripping out!
bash.gif
We won't even talk about how slippery the stuff is once it's dripped onto the floor...
bottom.gif

Later Fellas,,,,,,,,,,, Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Charlie-
I was going to post that picture of Kraig with "The Box", but couldn't resize the picture to "forum size" because @^&*#!$ Adobe would not open while converting DVD's to ipod, so thanks for posting it.

Yep, still got it..
happy.gif

<font size="-2">...and they say "dual processors" with Vista is better. I beg to differ!</font>

Charlie, that photo of "the box" in Art's garage was taken the day I had my Allis Chalmers 620 down there for some welding on the loader, that's the 620's loader uprights with the lights on it.

Here's a photo that shows how they packed up Cubs on the pallet, then the pallet was covered with the cardboard box.

54089.jpg

54090.jpg

Good Morning:

Looks like I need to get new Front tires for one of my Originals (Finally no longer holding air). Any idea of Size and a good source??? Thanks,

mark

I love those old factory photos Kraig, got any more?
I'm surprised they left the steering wheel on, they left the hood ornament off. Looks like an early one too because of the front axle.

Hey guys, I have a new/old tille(A1 A2 A somthing) that has a 90 degree deal that attaches to my hydro diff where the cover bolts on. When people attach these things do they loose all their hy0tran?? Should I just count on replacing the hy-tran or should I capture it and reuse it? Will it be ok to leave the 90 degree bracket attached all year long? Thanks

Kraig/Charlie,

Thanks for the pictures of the Original box. Looks like some type of test is being conducted in the picture of the Original with the photo op of the black suits and the one worker bee. I remember we used those big cardboard covers on the shop floor, underneath tractors that were being overhauled to help keep the cement floor from getting so dirty and oil stained. Wish I would have kept one of them.

I also see that the Originals were shipped with the front axle attached. On later Cubbies the front axle had to be installed by the dealer. It was a pain driving in that roll pin in from underneath.

One other memory I have of growing up when I was a kid was going with my dad in our big IH 1600 Loadstar flatbed truck to the IH district office/warehouse distribution center in Omaha, NE to pick up equipment. Just inside the big loading bay doors, they most always had 50-100 or more Cub Cadets in their boxes stacked up 4 or 5 high. It was a tower of Cubbies. It was always a thrill to watch the forklift operators get one off the pile to load on our truck along with a mower deck. Way back in the north end of warehouse they would have a few yeller & white Cub tractors on hand too. They were all complete and assembled from the factory like the big tractors. It was a sad day for me when IH closed the Omaha office in the early 70's and moved it to Kansas City. Only made it to KC one time and they didn't have the Cubbies anywhere near the loading dock that I could see. I remember we where sold out of Cub Cadets that time asked the KC inventory manager, who moved from Omaha, if they had any extras we could take home but they were unfortunately all spoken for. I remember the 169's had recently been introduced and even inquired if they had one of those available but they didn't.

Zach:

Here is some information...

54094.jpg

I leave my Tiller Bracket on year round.

thumbsup.gif

Lets see how off topic we can get.
Got these in the mail today. Totally functional in every way!
There's going to be a video of it working in the near future.
54097.jpg

54098.jpg

54099.jpg

RON S. - Thanks for the story....That was the "IH WAY!" One guy working and 8-9 Supervisiors to make sure it was done right! Just kidding of course. KRAIG - I see WAY too much green in Art's shop.....At least the Welder is blue....and by the size of it looks to be a MM-210.... Good machine!

Back