• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 26, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve N., WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
WELCOME.gif
You posted in the correct place. Your 149 would have originally had a 14HP Kohler K321, with a Starter/Generator.

Thanks, for the response.
I knew about the original. But curious about the current engine. By the way it runs great. Been catching up on minor maintenance issues. Has the wide ag rear tires in 90% condition. Hydro needs a bit more adjustment, governor, needs a bit of tweaking. Has the front "grader" blade in real good condition. Over all a great 40? year old tractor.

Steve N - welcome to the forum!!!!

It would be interesting to see some pics of your engine arrangement with the Magnum engine. I'm pretty sure the Magnums were designated M10, M12, M14, etc. I didn't think you could fit a Magnum into a wide frame tractor like the 149. I've got another color tractor with the M14 and it's a good engine - won't go into simplicity and parts commonality on that color tractor as I've already hit the hornet's nest today...
coffee.gif
bottom.gif
fan.gif

Harry B - yes I think we are on the same page with the deck subframe. BTW, I'm far from a young'in - but thanks for the compliment...
thumbsup_old.gif

Welcome steve.

I've been meaning to post these pics since February's trip over to the cabin. seeing how I'm loading up and heading back over tomorrow I figured I should do it.
We took the 169 and the 59M over on this trip
284881.jpg

The 59M needed a little maintenance before use, the pins that hold the rods for the knives were gone, plus a lot of the bolts had rattled loose
284882.jpg

I used the 59M to grind up old rotted logs to make "bark mulch" for the new landscaping.
284883.jpg

It was raining (big surprise)when I was doing it. The wet stuff would plug the screen so I took it out and it worked perfect.
284884.jpg

We finished the rock wall we had started on During the January trip and scored some old power pole insulators on the way over.
284885.jpg

284886.jpg

This trip over I'm taking the ot "thing" that crawls so I might have to start a thread over in the sand box for future stuff.

Doug that cub looks happy at work, please do start a crawler thread, nice rock wall,
remind me NOT to show my wife those pics

Welcome Steve

Jeff B. thanks. You should show your wife those pics. and tell her look what Doug's wife Kerri did. My wife moved and stacked at least 40% of those rocks, planted the plants, pressure washed and rebuilt the swing.
Were like to peas in pod when it comes to this stuff.

4th try.
The Yella' Mule"
284907.jpg

Starter side
284908.jpg

Starter
284909.jpg

Tape is over hole in fan shroud, for different air cleaaner.
284910.jpg

Magnum?
284911.jpg

Steve welcome, that 149 really is a mule.
greenthumb.gif

Bill
roflol.gif
they sure got some thick metal parts. But that's why I like them, just wish the would have kept up with some of there competition in other areas

I think Steve has a MTD 1204/1210 12hp kohler engine in his IH cub 149

Back