• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through March 24, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there Guys!!!
I have been hiding in a hole but I am out now! On a serious note after now 6 years of legal hell I now have custody of my boys!!!! “The book will be coming out in a year or so.” Sooooo now I can pursue the 4th most important thing to me again; that of course being old yellow and white steel. Back a couple of months ago we had quite a snow here, and drug out the old 128. Check out the picture. A little history on the old 128 about 4 years ago I traded for it and it was told to me sight unseen that one of the valves was hung open. Welllll when it arrived the piston did not go up and down, I promptly got a standard rod and piston and the unit promptly set in the corner of my garage till last summer untouched. I had a call for the use of it overnight to tame an overgrown lot. Sooooo the engine was quickly extracted and thrown on the bench the pan and head was removed a RA grinder with a brush attacked all the aluminum on the rod journal then crocus cloth then an old leather belt. Honed the cylinder just a tad, then promptly off to the car wash I went wit the engine LOL. 2 bucks in wash job on the block to get out the cruddies then back home to slap it all together, for the better part of a week that thing worked on a large lot and since then has been used numerous ways. No knocks no bangs no mosquito repellant coming out of the exhaust, tell me I am not lucky!
your_image.gif

board-post.pl

Hey there Guys!!!
I have been hiding in a hole but I am out now! On a serious note after now 6 years of legal hell I now have custody of my boys!!!! “The book will be coming out in a year or so.” Sooooo now I can pursue the 4th most important thing to me again; that of course being old yellow and white steel. Back a couple of months ago we had quite a snow here, and drug out the old 128. Check out the picture. A little history on the old 128 about 4 years ago I traded for it and it was told to me sight unseen that one of the valves was hung open. Welllll when it arrived the piston did not go up and down, I promptly got a standard rod and piston and the unit promptly set in the corner of my garage till last summer untouched. I had a call for the use of it overnight to tame an overgrown lot. Sooooo the engine was quickly extracted and thrown on the bench the pan and head was removed a RA grinder with a brush attacked all the aluminum on the rod journal then crocus cloth then an old leather belt. Honed the cylinder just a tad, then promptly off to the car wash I went wit the engine LOL. 2 bucks in wash job on the block to get out the cruddies then back home to slap it all together, for the better part of a week that thing worked on a large lot and since then has been used numerous ways. No knocks no bangs no mosquito repellant coming out of the exhaust, tell me I am not lucky!
127151.jpg

Good morning! I need a wider moniter.
Don T.: I'm cleaning up the steering unit from
the Hampster, which is now a parts 123. Ordered
a NICE605 bearing from Motion Industries and
will probably paint the unit while waiting for
the bearing. When installed, I'll have put
lipstick on a pig!
Spring came here today, but on last night's news
they said a town in Nova Scotia got 2 feet of
snow??
Have a great day, everyone!!
happy.gif

ok guys i found 2 snow blowers on the tags one says qa42a an the other one says qa42au whats the difference thanks guys

Mac:
Great to see you posting again!!! Great news on your kids....

Steve, never heard of a QA42AU???
1a_scratchhead.gif
Any chance you could post a photo of the tags?

This year I'm gonna do it! 122 Cub, gears grind going into gear. Sometimes I can go to Reverse before 1st and "trick" it into a smooth shift. I was planning to split the engine / tranny and clean, debur and grease the input shaft. does that sound like the plan? Do I need to mess with any alignment issues? Dave

David P,
Sounds like the clutch isn't releasing enough and letting the input shaft spin ever so slightly and causing gear clash.

David-

Also check to see if the pilot bushing is properly lubed. There should be no need for you to tear the trans down...the problem is ahead of it.

Steve M,

Are the serial number tags two different styles? Does the one that says QA42AU have digits after the "U" like "U11101" and is about 1/2" wide x 3"+ long? If so that is an early serial number tag( which isn't a real serial number) whereas later tags had both the model and an actual serial number listed on two separate lines and was about 1" wide x 3" long. The blowers are essentially the same except for decal changes, longer lift arms to move blower forward about 1.25" and the chute drive shaft extends out farther to clear the engine side shields on the Quietline and 82 series models.

yesterday i said i was looking at a 1100 but when i got to the barn i found a 1200 (thats what the hood says) withcreeper drive it came with 42qa snow blower, 2a tiller (only missing the long belt i think), 46 inch deck , and a 36 inch snow blade. the 1200 runs and the other parts have surface rust but overall in good shape all for 600.00$ i think i did good. can any one tell me about the 1200. it should look nice with my 128 what does everyone think???? will post pics soon

Jeff,

The 1200 is a 12hp Quietline Geardrive. It is basically the same as your 128 with side panels, an ISO mounted engine and a gear drive starter that has a ring gear on the flywheel and a stator to charge instead of the belt drive starter/generator. Once you get to working on it, it will seem quite familiar. Dad has 2 149's and I have a 1450. There are some differences, but are mostly the same between the two. If you like your 128 you will like the 1200 also.

Don T. and others that is a bottle of apple pie that we had made up last year and yes it is for when the paint doesnt go right. Using a little different color it almost matchs but is alot cheaper. Not alot of time married with children hey. Got tires off will do much paint stripping next week wife is gone on vacation for a week.

I just bought a Brinley cultivator for $50. Now, I need to get the sleeve hitch assembly (I think)for my 1966 122. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need? I'm confused. I don't want to buy 1/2 of a setup, or an incorrect one. Can you direct me to a diagram or photograph in an on-line manual? Any advice or information would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

Kraig M-
Thanks for the link to the 102 blade manual. Looks like it won't take much work to make the blade fit my "O". Sorry about taking so long to reply, I've been pretty busy doing yard work with it.
Also, I would like to instal a rear PTO in my Original. Does anybody know if one from a Farmall Cub will work? I noticed that the transaxels look same. The local Case dealer stocks most of the parts for the Farmall one.

Jason B
Yes, the PTO from a Farmall Cub will fit your Original, but it isn't quite that simple. The top shaft in the Originals transmission has to be replaced with one that has the splined extension with the pilot bushing on the rear of the shaft, for the PTO shaft to connect to. Those shafts are hard to find, and pricey if you do find one. There are two different top shafts used with the rear PTO in a Cub Cadet - one for the Original, and one for all the other gear drive models. The Cub PTO will only fit the Original as is, all the other models use the basic PTO, but the shifting lever is different (longer shaft)and or there is additional shifting linkage required.

Jason B. You will need the three point and the sleeve hitch. If you click on the FAQ link at the to of the page you will see a picture of what you need. If you have to buy both be prepared to spend a couple of C notes unless you find a really good deal.

Randy

Latest posts

Back