• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 21, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Mick M.
THAT TOO!
biggrin.gif

Uh...I never heard of a swaging tool.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I guess I'm always learning something new here on the forum.
thumbsup.gif

And here I've been using one of those thingamajigers to do that.
clappy.gif

More commonly referred to as a tube flanging tool.

You can get the kit the includes the tool along with the die bar/clamp that fits several sizes of tube and cutter/reamer. Used in the LP industry for making up copper tube gas lines.

I think the "swage" tool is more for the "swinging press" app's. I used one extensively for making type 'K' copper tube connections when working on underground water line hook-ups in the 60's. Where one holds the copper tube flare on the tube by hand holding the flare the proper distance down on the tube, insert the tool and whale away with a BFH thus forming the flange against the handheld flare.

Also available ia a double flare tool kit for steel tube such as hydraulic or brake lines.

"Swage" is a term for a mechanical expansion of tubing, etc. to flare it out like Charlie posted.

The noun is the mandrel Charlie posted or, in the piping industry a fitting that necks down piping from a very large size to a small size (2" x 3/4" reducer, usually threaded on the small end)

The verb is to expand something to look like a flare, or to neck something down to look like a reducer.

If you beat on an exposed roll pin and it expands, you have "swaged" it up in size.....making it hard to drive back through the hole.....

We use the term quite a bit in my industry.....so it carried over into that post....

I could have said "beat the pi$$ out of it until it mushrooms over"....."
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Mr Plow,
thank you for the English lesson!
and a good laugh!!
you made my day.
err.gif

clappy.gif

I want to make sure my spring assist implement lift for my 582 is properly adjusted. Looked in manual, options, FAQ, found only for a O.

I don't care who ya are! That's freakin funny!
biggrin.gif

I could have said "beat the pi$$ out of it until it mushrooms over"....."

Now on a solid pin, beating the piss out of it to mushroom it out is called "peening", obviously using the ball end of a ball peen hammer..

For those trying to hold round stock in a vice, especially without marring it, a block of wood can be bored to the OD of the stock, then halved along the center line of the bored hole so that the two halves of the wood block fit over the shaft. Clamp the block halves with the shaft in it in the vice, you'll be amazed how tight you can clamp the shaft without hurting it. I use scraps of oak and Forstner bits for boring the holes..

Hey Digger..... Any input on my March 19th post/request? re: 1650 hydro....

Also..

Looking at the relief valves.... which one is in 'good condition' based on ball position?
I believe the one on right is 'ok', the one on left is the one I believed was stuck, and was able to free up..... but now i'm questioning it.

319940.jpg

Thanks digger appreciate it.
Also finished building matts clutch press and assembled the 126 clutch/shaft assembly this afternoon.
wooohooooo
icon_jam.gif

hmmm.... thinking that was directed at me....
I was working on the pics at the time....
member getting old, slower here.....

Made a few mods to Matts design only because I don't ever intend to service in tractor, and use original roll pin rather than split collar, but will work for both and if I need to I can open up for in tractor service.

319944.jpg

BTW... Those are homemade pressure plates/clutch arm... But you knew that..

beerchug.gif

Jeff B.
That check ball on the left valve does look out of position.
The plungers smacking the end of the valve and is now bent likely.
It's trying to push the plunger out through the weep hole lol.
I've straightened out hundreds of them.
when they're real bad I'll just replace the plunger with a new one,but usually they're repairable.

Latest posts

Back