• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 16, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dale M.
Yep, me too!
biggrin.gif

324445.jpg

Mick M.

Yes, I agree with Charlie. All my snow equipment is painted in graphite paint. I brush mine on as it is a little less expensive to buy the quart can and it goes a long ways. Forgot to add that I use it on my plow bottoms too.

What is the best graphite paint to use, and where can it be purchased?
Can it be sprayed on?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Slip plate......find it in green cans in the ag isle at Big R, F and F, or TSC.

Dave S., nice!

Marty, yes graphite paint is available in spray cans. I believe the spray version has lower graphite content. I use the brush on stuff for the bulk of the coating and the spray version for touch ups. I coat the inside of the auger housing and discharge chute on the snow thrower but not the auger itself. I also use the spray version on my Brinly turning plow to protect the share from rust and then it's nice and slippery and ready to go. I bought a can of brush on and spray on about 18 years ago at Fleet Farm, which I believe are only up here in the midwest states, basically a farm supply type store with all sorts of other stuff like Tractor Supply. The brand I got is made by Valspar. Slip-Plate is probably the best known brand.

Latest posts

Back