• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 14, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
This just in from Mick Morgan:

324385.jpg

Mick, I have a couple of questions. What is the PVC pipe for and does that have a front end loader of some sort?

Looks like brackets for a Johnson loader with the arms removed.

Charlie -

wonder if the 2 cyl Original still has the STOCK clutch in it?? shrapnel??

Inquiring minds want to know,
Yes, loader brackets,And the PVC is for the heating system on the front of the Cub,
I acquired this tractor from and older gentleman in Keota 2 years ago,
He use to be the parts man at the IH store in town years ago, we have known each other for quite some time and I started mowing his yard a few years back when his health started to fail him
he's had the tractor for several years and had the loader brackets that has a built in pump and reservoir system built in to it that also runs the hydraulics for the snowthrower
He later added the Cab which you will see when Kraig post a photo that I sent him to post also.
He added and built the cab after he saw the one I built for my 122 a couple a years before, but the one you will see is very tight and has a system for the levers off the valve run thru the cab to the in side,and is wired very well also .
The tractor is also fitted for a tiller, a plow, the loader, has a sleeve hitch,
2 years ago, he called me and wanted to talk to me about the machine,
I went down there and he told me do to his age and needing garage space, it was time for all of this to move on, we talked about all the attachments, the cab, thrower, which is a 4 paddle, all gone thru new flighting and bearings,and everything,
Now I'm standing there running thru my head what I think everything is worth and wat it's gonna cost me to get all this home,
So I said, Dennis, What are you going to have to have for all this,
He said Mick, I don't have any kids and you and Caleb have done such a good job around here taking good care of me and the Mrs.Just mow the yard and keep the snow cleaned up
I want you guys to just take it all, it's your,
I about passed out right there, he was dead serious!!!!
feint.gif

...Goes to show that doing the right thing for no other reason than doing the right thing is still appreciated by some people....not enough of that in this world anymore!!!

I'm sure he was just as happy to give it to you as you were honored to receive it!

Mick, I agree with what Steve wrote, he said it better than I could. Very cool!

Here's Mick's photo:

324387.jpg

Mick-

That heating system is interesting, but has the potential to be deadly if you have an exhaust leak. If I were you, I'd put one of these inside the cab to let you know if you have a carbon monoxide problem. VERY cheap insurance...

Heater consist of a bilge fan inside PVC fittings, and the wiring runs back inside the pipe to inside the cab to the switch..Inside the wheels are weights made of melted Lead, very heavy,, lots of traction,
With a ,30 over 12 hp and a 4 paddle thrower, this old can works the snow real well,
Dennis put a lot of time and maticulis effort in to this machine and i always thought it was pretty cool, never dreamed i'd end up with it like I did....!!

Congrats on the tractor Mick. Interesting additions especially the heater. How does it work? Does it really add warmth in the cab? I'm thinking that at a minimum it must add 5 to 10 degrees inside???

Picked up the other attachment this evening for my next 100.
Even got an extra drive shaft and blade to go with it.

324395.jpg

324396.jpg

324397.jpg

The guy I got it from called it a "slab saw."
It is belt driven. (Notice the belt pulley in the middle of the shaft in the bottom pic.)
The extra shaft has the belt pulley on the end.

You place the wood on the table and slide it forward, cutting the wood.
The table is slid about one third the way in in the pics.

This saw was made by Buller Mfg. Co. Hillsboro, KAN (KS).

Marty, nice find. A farmer that I worked for when I was 15-18 years old (so ~40 years ago) had one on his Super M. It works great for cutting up firewood but be careful!

Edit: It was actually on a Super C, not M.
facepalm.gif

Latest posts

Back