• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 07, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter S: He was referring to the machined surfaces. There are no bushing/bearing inserts in Kohler rods (or 3d party sources either).

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

MYRON - The Midwest SuperCub rods have a replacable bearing insert but they're not really meant for anything except pulling.

Well we are finally getting some snow here in west central Wisconsin. There's about 10" of heavy wet snow on the ground. Like a dummy I drove to work and no one else did! I should have stayed home and played with the CC125 and QA42. Oh well I'll have something to do when I get home, provided I make it home........

Well, the wife is now broken in to the tornado season here in Missouri. We are fine and were missed by a few miles. A nice area of houses near here is gone except for the mess
Why can people not move the mess to the curbside for pickup as they sort through looking for what is left???

Jerry, good to hear you're OK!

I'll take snowstorms over tornados or fires anyday!

Here are some photos of me in the 125 with QA42 clearing the snow we got yesterday.

34300.jpg

34301.jpg

34302.jpg

34303.jpg

34304.jpg

KRAIG - Nice Photos! Weather-Guessers are saying We may get 3-6" Thursday.....They haven't even been CLOSE all winter.....So I'm predicting (and hoping) for flurries. After this past weekend with 60's & rain I have one pile in the yard big enough to make a dozen snowballs left. Everything else is gone! Since Saturday AM.

Kraig, I think I would rather have the snow too. Watching the storm roll through was no fun. It is a rather helpless feeling knowing that there is nothing you can do but hope you are out of the way!

Denny, Thanks, my daughter took the photos for me. They say we're supposed to get some more snow later this week too but I have not heard any amounts. There was about 11" or 12" of snow in the driveway but all the hard pack had melted off of the driveway so I had to keep the QA42 3-4" up to prevent it from throwing the gravel.

Have a couple questions for everyone...

1) Do the sleeve hitch lift straps come in two different lengths? I've seen pictures of some with 3 round holes in the bottom and some with 4 round holes.

2) Does anyone already reproduce deck shells for the narrow frame Cub Cadets? I work for a company that has 3 lasers and several CNC press brakes. I can pretty easily reproduce the deck shells and a lot of the original ones I find are rusted out with good castings and good spindles. If nobody is already making these, how much interest would there be in them? What widths would everyone be interested in?

3) What other parts would there be a need for? I'm considering things like the adapter to mount a sleeve hitch on the 106, 107, 126, 127, etc. narrow frames. I also could do the piece that attaches the sleeve hitch linkage bar to the lift lever.

I'm looking forward to everyone's input.

Thanks,
Jerry Muncie

Jerry M., I've seen several styles of the lift straps, one has a slot on one end with 5 holes another has 3 holes on one end and 6 holes on the other another has the slot on one end with 3 holes on the other. I believe the early version had the slot and 3 holes and the later version had the slot and 5 holes. The version with holes on both ends is for use with grader blades or other implements that require some downforce. I do not know of anyone making reproduction mower deck shells. How much call there would be is likely proportional to the price. I'm sure there will be other parts that would be welcomed on the market as the NOS and used parts are used up. I know that Mike M. was making the adapter part for the IH 3 point hitch lift bar to lift arm. I believe that Dan H. was also making these. There are several people making the sleeve hitch adapters.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 14, 2006)

Got a schematic a few weeks back showing sleeve hitch parts for a 582. On E-bay there are several IH Sleeve hitches for Wideframes (brackets that go on the tractor). Would any wideframe Sleeve Hitch parts work with my 582? Also, does anyone have any experience with the Aftermarket Electric lift sleeve hitch's, seems like a better way to go for my non-hydro cub.

Looking @ Kraig's pictures, I'm so glad I moved out of the cheese head state 19 years ago! The grass is growing like crazy here in NC time to get the 1250 out.

Well after a LONG weekend up north, I dint find a single Cub.
But we did spy a pair of newly weds setting up house.
34309.jpg

Jerry M:
1) The 'short' 3 hole straps are for use with the Y adapter used on the 'Original' Cub Cadet tractors.

2) Like Kraig said, price will somewhat determine interest.

Last time I checked, MTD wanted in the neighborhood of $500 for a 44A bare shell!!
jawdrop.gif

Now, if you could reproduce deck skins for any of the decks from the 38" timed deck used on the Originals, 38" and 42" cast iron end 'pin on' decks, to the 38", 42", and 48" 'QA' decks, and keep the final price reasonable... I'm sure people would be -very interested-..(You might have to look into patent and copy right laws)...but if the cost vs. a somewhat decent used deck, would be overly high, interest wouldn't turn into a purchase.

The 44A, 50A, 44C, and 50C deck skins can still be bought new from MTD (last I knew), plus there are still decent used versions available.

Paul D.-Wait till you get some rain on top all that fertilizer you used!! That 1250 will love it.

I"m hearing about removing the balance gears. I have my 149's motor apart is this something I should do? What does this do?
Thanks for all the info you guys give
Pete

Peter - Keeping the balance gears SAFE in a box or bag under your workbench keeps them from spitting off the circlip that holds them to their shaft inside the crankcase, and then hitting the throw on the crankshaft which sends them through the sidewall of Your engine block making a nice picture window.
JERRY, Wild Bill - The 44" & 50" decks are deep drawn, read "expensive tooling" the older decks would be easy with todays lazers & CNC press brakes. Make the steel thicker if You can!

Peter S.
The balance gears help reduce the amount and magnitude of vibration in your engine for smoother operation. I know the guys that modify their CC's to be pullers take them out because they run at much higher RPM's than normal operations so there is likely a risk of the gears flying apart. Not sure if these gears have caused many problems under normal operations or not but I bet there are folks on the forum who would be able to provide added info. I see Kirk Engines, a forum sponsor, has some counterbalance weights available that you can install on your crankshaft in lieu of the balance gears.

Kraig,

Great rooster tails! You've got that thrower really dialed in.

Ron and Peter,

Balance gears do help reduce vibration in the vertical direction (along the cylinder axis). The reason they've gotten a bad rap for grenading through the block is that most rebuilders don't replace the bearings or the stub shafts during a rebuild. These are high-wear items as they are quite heavily loaded under normal operation. Replacing these components along with new retaining rings will yield high reliability and keep vibration down to tolerable levels.

Latest posts

Back