• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 07, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcook

displayname
Bill Cook
Jerry M.

The type/style of sleeve hitch you have (the one Charlie posted a picture of) was designed for use on the 'Original'.

The 'newer' style lower bracket is a 'U' shape, and can be used with a stablizer plate, and adjustable jamb nuts.

Charles,

In 3000 miles of mixed driving the worst tank full has been 15.98 mpg, best 18.25 mpg (400 mile interstate trip at 71 mph). Overall average is probably around 16.5 mpg. In 75,000 miles the 4.6L in the '97 averaged 15.8 mpg with a record high of right at 18 mpg. (All odometer/pumped gallons calculations...no "in dash computer" stuff).

Like I said before, the width and mass of the bigger truck makes a HUGE difference with a trailer and 2 or more Cubs. My Ranger was squirrely as all get out with 2 tractors on the trailer......I have never experienced anything but complet control with the full size though. I'm also a firm believer in electric brakes on any trailer capable of hauling 2 or more Cubs.....even behind a full size. The difference in control and safety (if you haven't experienced it first hand already) is very noticeable.

Peter S:

First, do you have Hydraulic Lift on your 149 at present, or the "armstrong lever"..??

Cotton,

No, ring gear and pinion are fixed ratio in all of the F-Cub and Cub Cadet products (same ring gear & carrier assembly).

Steve B., if you ever sell that trailer I want first refusal! ;o)

HERBERT G. - Nobody responded to Your question about the "120" Sounds like a real nice tractor.
I'm going to convert the 70 Dad bought brand new in 1964 into a 100 this summer. My 72 is becoming a 142 (14 HP 72) and the old K241 will get rebuilt and dropped into the 70. As those older Cubbies gain HP they become much more usable I feel. The old 7 & 8 HP engines struggled to do most jobs and were rather short-lived because of that. My K241 has about 1350 hrs on the last ring & valve job I did in 1985.... still doesn't burn much oil but I know it's tired. Piston is still stock diameter so I know it's got a LOT of hours on it. Back when the old 70 was mowing two barnyards every week that 70 got a rebuilt engine or a complete replacement engine every three years!
I'd paint Her up and run her!
STEVE - Nice truck! My new car had variable cam timing on both cams and combine that with the turbo It has as much HP as a 5.0L Mustang GT and gets 50% more MPG out of half the displacement. I can't wait till International offers the "Camless Engine" in a smaller truck in the next few years.... A 4-5 liter V-6 diesel in a pickup ought to be a real fun and economical vehicle!

Denny, Herbert, I'm surprised that Steve B. didn't comment on the 12hp 100 as his 100 has a 12hp in it.

Steve, did you put front hydraulic outlets on your 129 (or do you refer to it as a 149?)?

I've been trying to get ahold of Travis at CC Specialties for some time now in regards to an order I placed. Does anyone know if he is ok? Haven't got a response at all...

I have been getting my 129 ready for grass cutting and noticed a small amount of tranny fluid coming out around one of the relief valves. Is there a kit for this repair or can it be repaired. Thanks

Dave G
Late last year I think it was Richard C did a really good series on this, and I think it is in the FAQ's. They can be fixed, but it is not easy... Do a search in the vault, or go to http://cubfaq.com/questions.html
And of course, new ones are available from our sponsors above.....
thumbsup_old.gif

(Message edited by stanner on March 08, 2006)

(Message edited by stanner on March 08, 2006)

Hey people this is my first post, so make of what you want. I figured I'll show this to you all, and see what you think it is a 128 i recently got with mid-mounted air-ator
http://www.freewebs.com/kellerscubs/128.htm

Daniel, that's a neat aerator setup! There sure is some thick steel in that, no lack of downforce with that one I would think. Is that a home made unit or a manufactured one? Any idea what all the holes in the tunnel cover are for?

Kraig,
It's a portable cribbage board! Geez everyone knows that! LOL

Daniel K,
You got pics of that beasty thing off the tractor yet? It looks like a cool piece of equipment.

I don't really know what the holes on the tunnel are for but i imagine that there was one super-complicated implement on the back that cuased them to put those holes there for some electrical thing,you are right about the down force it will begin to lift the front tires when implement is down,and in regards to its origin i believe it was factory built becouse it is very well made and they used safetys that average everday people wouldn't put on and when i got it last friday the guy said he got it from a fleet of 6 of them all with air-ators. I'm tryin to call him to see where the rest went i think upstate somewhere.
Thanks
____________________________________________________________________________________
72,73,106,106,126,127,128,129,(parted 106,125)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
no pictures of it off i think it may never come off<like to restore it and bring to rpru it doesn't look easy or fast to come off.

(Message edited by dkeller on March 08, 2006)

Daniel K,
I'll betcha if you take the tunnel cover off, you'll find that the plastic fan on the drive shaft is gone and their thinking was to help cool things off through your cribbage board.
biggrin.gif

I don't think there was a fan on the 128 as there ? and they had screw marks around them like they were used for toggle switchs but my guess is as good as yours.
dunno.gif

Peter,
Actually if memory serves me right none of the 128's had hydraulic lift from the factory.
But I know my 128 came with a fan and it looks unlolested so I just taking a guess.
biggrin.gif

Hi all! This is my first post after a few years lurking, so go easy on me.(great site by the way)

I'm hoping someone on here can remember this.

I have seen separate or auxiliary hydraulic fittings put out front on a 149 to run "other accessories"

I am very interested in seeing a detailed setup or drawing of how this is done. And where the auxiliary control lever is mounted.

Has anyone on here done this? And documented it? I would love to see how its done. Can you run this off the existing 149 hydro unit?

I wanted to kick it up a notch on my beloved 149. It has hydo lift now.

If you would like to email me its [email protected]

I would be greatful for any info on this subject

Hell I'll even post pictures of my so to be 321a rebuild!

Thanks Pete

Peter S:

Well, now that we know that you have a Ported Pump, part of the battle is over. According to the Parts Manual, as best as I can see, that a Auxillary Hydraulic Circuit was never offered on the 149. That circuit was offered starting with the Q/L's. So, the attached pic's is the setup from the 82 series, but will give you the general idea. You will need a Dual Spool Valve and will have to fabricate the lever and linkages to operate the Valve. You will also have to do the piping of the lines. So, here ya go:

34258.jpg

Back