• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 07, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well everyone, here is the latest addition to the family. Its my new to me welder. I found out tonight talking to Dave Kamp that its pretty versatile of a welder. It goes from 15A to 200A range. Could weld sheet metal to 1/2" thick steel easily, maybe even thicker for what whom knows. Here are some pics of it. Gotta learn how to weld and then a fabricating we will go. Have a great day.

Aric
34272.jpg
34273.jpg

Corey M:

I am not sure what you mean by auxillary pressure, but the Primary Pressure is created by the Charge Pump.
First things I would suggest that you look at, would be the Oil Level, and Hydro Filter (#923-3014). If it has been done in a while, perhaps a fluid and filter change are in store.

Made up a new steering wheel insert for the 1250. The original decal had lost it's adhesive qualities and was looking a bit worn. This insert was made from .028 thick stainless steel sheet, cut to shape using the original decal as a pattern. 120 grit emery cloth was used to give the surface a "brushed" finish. The IH logo was cut from the original decal and glued to the new insert. A single sheet metal screw is all that's required to hold it firmly in place. I like the custom look.
your_image.gif

The finish matches the stainless hood ornament.
your_image.gif

Hi guys, haven't been on the forum for a looooong time and it has a few new features and a little different layout in spots, cool. I am so happy to be abe to get back on the site! I've missed it!

I have a question I'm sure one of you can point me in the right direction. If a person has a question on an mtd, or OT tractor would you just start a new thread in the appropriate forums? Just want to make sure I understand it before I start posting away in all the wrong areas! Thanks.

Finally got the project Original done.#682 in productionStill have to put on the front PTO gearbox and aux hyd pump.Has one of Kents dash decals really sharp.
34281.jpg

34282.jpg

34283.jpg

34284.jpg

34285.jpg

Mike,
Do you <u>EVER</u> make anything that's just average???? And it's name is ------??

Damn cool!

Hi Gang.
I obtained an original serial # 10454. I am missing the brake operating rod & clevis. It is NLA so I need to find one or make one. Anyone know the dimensions on the rod?
Thanks in advance---G.L.

34289.jpg

Hi all, here is a pick of my latest adventure, it will have a dump bed and mid mount grader blade when finished

Hi all:
Well I had a knock develop in my 149s k321 last week. So I ordered a rebuild kit.
In the mean time I pulled the motor and got it up on the stand.
I just had to take it a part and see what makes that knock. I could hear it during idle slightly, but could definitely hear it with a screwdriver to the motor and my ear!

The piston had some wear on opposing sides(kind of like my zr900 when the piston stuck!). The rod was very slightly loose on the crank end.

I'm still wondering what makes that knock?

Anyone?

Thanks Pete.

I'm hooking up hydralics, could I use 1/2 inch hydraulic hose for an inlet and 3/8 hydraulic hose for an outlet? I don't want to starve the pump...

"The piston had some wear on opposing sides(kind of like my zr900 when the piston stuck!). The rod was very slightly loose on the crank end."

It could be either piston slap or a wore out conrod bearing shells on the crank. Are there scraches on the piston? If not, I'd figure its just wore out bearing shells.

Chris
Yes there were definite scratches on the piston, but the cylinder walls are good. You mention conrod bearing shells? Are there suppose to be brass bearings or bushings in there? Cause there were none.

Pete

I do not know if a 149 has the large pulley on the front of the motor. My Original developed a loud knock that definitely resembled a conrod or piston. It turned out that the pulley was rocking on the crank making this noise. It had a cracked hub. If there is a pully on the 149 try rocking the pulley to see if it is loose. Just a thought but that was the problem I had.

Stan, I like it!

Mike M., as usual, excellent work! I like the ag tires, are those 23 deg Firestones in 8.5"?

David K., nice job on the steering wheel insert.

MIKE M. - Are those Firestones 23-8.50's or the 6-12's? Almost looks like too much recess on the wheel centers to be the narrow rims for the 6-12's but they don't seem as wide as a 23-8.50. And do You have anything You run with the PTO shaft on the left rear wheel?
Really nice job on the restoration!

Latest posts

Back