• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 07, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aric,
Welcome
That all you got to say is Hi?
biggrin.gif

Charlie, I think you're confusing the 128 (gear drive) with the 129 (hydro).
happy.gif

I was just making sure it worked. I was wondering. Terry Busch said that there are some pics of his loader and more information on here. Where do I find either the pics or the information? I am ordering the plans this weekend. Hopefully turns out to be what I wanted.

Also, since I have the NF front end. Would it be "beefy" enough if I took my spindles and copy the arc, give me 2-3 inches on each end, and then cut 2 pieces of 1/2" steel and weld them in the arc to help strengthen the spindles?

I need to figure out how to mount the pump now. I think I am going to copy Dave Kamp's mounting bracket though and mount the pump now. I just need to figure out what size of pulley to put on the crank shaft and what size of pulley to put on the pump to get the desired results.

Aric

(Message edited by aschneider on March 09, 2006)

Aric,
use the search feature at the top of the page.
Type in busch and change the search to authors and every post will come up that Terry has made, then click on one and go to the page and see if the pics are there that he posted. If not, continue on to the next page. they are there, you just gotta look for them.

(Message edited by cproctor on March 09, 2006)

Spring like weather here in northern Illinois today. 60 degrees!! I'm feeling plow time getting nearer.
groupwave.gif

Tom,
We were fairly dry until the we got that 4" of sloppy snow the other day and then 1" of rain yesterday. It's a sloppy mess around here now! Grrrrrrrrrrrr

We had a real nice thunderstorm last night... Lightning & the whole bit! This morning with 31 to 32 degrees it made for a cautious drive to work.... Snow is quickly disappearing. Temps hit 45-46 degrees yesterday but I doubt they get above 40 today. They're predicting 50 Friday but I think they're going to be disappointed. It will be too wet & muddy to get a Cubbie out Saturday. And I have a TON of branches to pickup too!

Does anyone know whether IH manufactured the #2 carts or bought them from someone? I bought what looks like one at an auction (repainted red) and, lo and behold, when I got it home I found a tag that says "Sears, Roebuck and Co." It's also about 3" longer than my #2. I'm just wondering whether IH and Sears both bought them from a third party.

Steve H.

the ih number 2 cart replaced the ih #1 cart in 1967. IH decided to purchase a 5 year invintory from ohio steel fabricators in Columbus Ohio the price then was 82.50 and if sales figures were met they planned to build them for themselves.

just to tell you all 128 was not supposed to have a driveshaft fan.

visit my site http://www.freewebs.com/kellerscubs/

734 hours 13 min. to go!!! I have some work to do here..
Mount sleeve hitch
Mount spring assist
Change out tires
Add weights..
Add Captain Kirk upgrades.....

Too much to do and too little time....

DKeller: Thanks for the info. That makes all kinds of sense and confirms one version of what I suspected. Were sales figures met and did IH end up building their own? Just curious...

Steve H.

59M Shredder Owners,what is the biggest stuff that can be put in the shredder without tearing up or wearing out the shredder? Like a 1" dia. green apple limb? bigger or smaller.

Kraig
There was a reason I was thinking about a 59M, I've just got tooo many piles around here, can't get rid of the GT's or P/Us that are all in a state of disrepair! A little more OT, we got the Cape Breton Celtic goddess Natalie McMaster playing in town in May, never get anything like that around here.
Dave
lurking.gif

I picked up a cub cadet 1440. plate on engine lists the following: 294447,Type 0445-01,code 940908 1962. it is a OHV engine. That is all I have. Would like a maintenance manual but don't know manufacturer of engine. Any help would be appreciated. It runs ok. It is hydromatic and I do not know what the lever under the console does for the hydromatic function.Thanks

Richard,

From the numbers you posted, that sounds like a Briggs & Stratton engine. If you go to their website, you can download the parts breakdown and owner's manuals for their products.

Rich,
Just a reminder, that tractor you have is an off topic MTD built unit, and should be down in the Charlie's MTD area, or " across the street". I'm surprised you haven't gotten "poofed" yet...

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix a hydro pump? I can not get anymovement out of the the drive spline. And I also do not have any auxiliary pressure.

Latest posts

Back