• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 04, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eford

displayname
Earl Ford
All this talk of plow day and still alot of snow on the ground. When will it end? When the weather warms up.

Earl,
I here ya'!! I'm ready for some warmer weather.

Wife went to a baby shower so I had a chance to play outside. Got out about 10:00a and went in about 4:00p without even stopping to grab something eat. Gotta' love it.

Bryan "M",
Don't know if you seen the post over at Cub Larger relitives or not, but you might remember seeing that Super "A" before. Any clues?????

thx guys for the creeper info. Now i just got to find one lol
lol.gif

Lee,
You asked about hydraulic pump displacement for a loader. You will need to calculate the volume of fluid per revolution of the pump. For example it looks like your pistons are roughly 2.5" inside diameter and 24" long maybe? That would give you 118 cubic inches per cylinder or 236 for both. Time how long you want the loader to take going from all the way down to all the way up. Lets say 7 seconds. Using 7 seconds to pump 238 cubic inches of fluid would give you 34 cubic inches per second. Now measure the pulley diameters on the pump and motor. Lets say they are 1:1. Running the tractor at full RPM would give you 3600 RPM or 600 rotations per second. Take the 34 cubic inches and divide it by the 600 RPS's and you get .06 cubic inches per rev. The last thing to verify is the rotation of the pump needed.

You can find pumps at www.surpluscenter.com

Thomas B.-

Carb from a K241 won't work right on a 169, it's way too small. You'll need a #30 carb. And yes, floats are still available from your CC dealer.

As Mat already said Tom, you'll need that number 30 carb...

Tom H. cool flywheel, watcha gonna run with it?

I was bored this afternoon and made cardboard fender templates like Brad D's cub (found s'more pics in the vault...). If I get the steel, and can find a press brake that I can use... I will have to build them fenders... fun project... But I have one question, what type of lights did he use in the fenders??? I can only find 4" ones, too big I think.

I have never heard of a flywheel before in reference to ih cub cadets(see Tom Hoffman's picture.) What can it be used for?

Thanks, Terry.

Gotcha on the calculations. I was mainly looking for some common sense on the lift time. I was thinking in the 15 second area, but 7 is better, especially if somebody's done it successfully.

Interesting looking vendor too. Thanks again.

Lee

Glen and Gary:
That's not intended to be a flywheel (although a side effect of the mass of it is that it acts like a flywheel !). It's a flat belt drive pulley for use with older farming equipment like a buzz saw rig or grain mill.

Lee,
You don't want to go too fast. It will hop real bad and it might be hard to control. I would time your current setup and go from there.

Tom, I have the same belt driver as pictured, mine has bolt holes to allow it to bolt directly over the PTO shaft. mine is used for a 3PT buzz saw.

Tom, I'll take a picture of another old McCormick Deering impliment I have tomorrow. I don't know how to post pictures but im sure I'll figure it out.

Thanks again Terry. I'll be cautious. The system is real weak right now, it will barely lift an empty bucket.

It might be interesting to time the drop for a ballpark number.

If necessary, I'll disassemble the old pump and measure that.

Lee

Jim P.,
Thanks for pointing out FAQ #14 for the trunion fix. It says to obtain a Service Manual for a 1250 CC. But I have a 129...will the 1250 SM be applicable to my 129?

Richard C.,
The trunion pic was VERY helpful! Thanks a bunch! Do you agree with FAQ #14 in that the trunion should be removed to do the necessary welding and grinding to size....from the pic it appears that a fella might be able to do the repair while still in place?

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Tim G., regarding the Troy Built tiller with a Kohler. Kohler built their engines with differnet specs to auit their customer. That 8hp might be the same but most likely it will have a different length and/or diameter crank shaft. There should be a spec number and a serial number on a plate on the flywheel housing you can find what parts it has by that spec number. Or you could measure the crankshaft and compare it to a Cub Cadet version.

Glen, nice drawing! I saw your post requesting pics of Brad D's custom, I'll see what I can find.

Thomas B., nice find! Not only a 169 but a tiller, blade and QA42A too.
beerchug.gif

Charlie, how many 169s do you have now?
dunno.gif

Tom H., will that be at Plow Day?
happy.gif

Ryan M., here are some 782D photos that Pat Irlbeck posted long ago when he installed power steering. I know he posted more I'll see if I can find them.

52693.jpg

52694.jpg

Latest posts

Back