Archive through March 02, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Lucas J.
No, it was on greedbay.
biggrin.gif

That's actually worse than putting chrome all over on a Cub, but not much!
clappy.gif

WARNING: off-topic post

late last week during the big storm that rolled through here in southern Maine and the rest of New England, wind gusts were recorded at up to 70mph. My gramps hay barn was a casualty of this storm. the over 100yr old building couldnt take the stress of the wind. here are some pictures of the damage. building is beyond repair:

side view
186233.jpg

closer view. note the remnants of cedar shakes on the remaining planking
186234.jpg

view one of roof pile
186235.jpg

view two of roof pile. under the truck/trailer frame we have items stored, nothing was damaged. the small garden cart wasnt even moved from its current position
186236.jpg

view from the inside with hay.
186237.jpg

i hope im not being a bother posting these. the only damage to a cub cadet from this storm is a dent the size of a quarter in the hood of my 123 parts tractor from a tree branch falling through my coverit tent

Actually, there's LOTS of room in the sandbox for good OT pics......
thumbsup.gif

BTW - sorry about the barn, hate to see history go down...

Finally got my 1250 running. I had to wait for a carb bowl and gasket from the dealer. The bowl was JB Welded and for +/- $9 it was time for a new one. With the WH head she started better than before and ran smoother (Plug is centered to the valves instead of on top of the exhaust.) All is left to do is build a new top shield. Thanks for the help everyone.

186240.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, no picture of the Cub, put the whole post in the Sandbox ( I mean he had time for all the others pics......
clappy.gif
)<font size="-2">do you really think I missed that gratuitous mention of a Cub??</font>

Hey, if we can bend the rules... Dennis - do you ever check your mail - you know the one posted on your IH CUB CADET FORUM profile?? (hint hint hint)

Oh - and on the K161's .....none of 'em put in Cubs had the bigger bore?? I wonder if IH knew they were getting shorted on cubic inches..

See - I didn't tell him he had mail, and I did mention IH Cub Cadet.....
fence.gif

Justin - all in good fun (well, mostly). Just checking to see if our fearless owner/head moderator/admin type was awake...
clown.gif

Digger, that big red "Poof" button looks a lot like the "Easy" button in the "Staples" ads on TV. Did you use your "Cub Cadet Locator Radar" to find it, too?
clappy.gif

KENDELL - Yes, I check my mail....even the JUNK mail folders. Couple times a day in fact. I'll check my profile and make sure the addy is correct.

Let's just put it this way.... When my posts were getting O/T CHARLIE had no problem getting my attention!

BRUCE N. - A 1650 is a pretty nice tractor, especially with a plow & 50" deck. Too bad about the blown K341, they're worth the price of the whole tractor used. I'm not a big fan of Quiet-Lines but it should be relatively easy to drop a MAGNUM 16 into a 1650. I'd do some pricing of the the new engine alone over the internet and negotiate accordingly.

Geez and it all started with me trying to do a public service.....I heard something hovering over our place last night - I think that POOF button is bigger than you guys think
1a_scratchhead.gif

Justin, bummer about the barn.
sad.gif

Charlie, Denny, Kendell.

186248.gif
lurking.gif

With my only experience with Cubs is my 100, how are the hydrostatics on fairly steep hills? I have the opportunity to buy a 149 for lawn mowing and have no experience with the hydro's. Any response is appreciated.

Brian M.
I know you don't know how much of a can of worms your question opens up, so I'll just start by saying, HYDROS ARE THE BEST!
Then set back and watch the fur fly.
lol.gif
thumbsup.gif

Chris, Why did you not like the spark plug over the exaust? I thought it was the best place for it..
dunno.gif

That is all the answer I needed!!!!!! Thanks. I'll be sure to post a picture tomorrow after I pick it up.

Brian, the 149 should be just fine on hills, even better than the gear drive on the downhill as the hydro should provide better engine braking without the need to shift gears. Just don't leave it parked on a hill without a the brake set, as it could roll on it's own. One potential issue would be if there is excessive wear in the trunion slot or in the other hydro linkages. See the FAQ entry on Hydro Creep for more info on this. Be sure to follow the links at the bottom of the FAQ for additional info.

Latest posts

Back