• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 28, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank C and David S -
1st, Hey Frank - you gotta read the parts look up, not just look at the drawings. The drawing only shows 1 tail light but when you look at the parts list it shows "Qty 2".

David - the tail lights for the 126 are oval style and I believe they are identified as Stedman or Steidman, or something similiar. Someone on here must have a pic.

David Q - if I were you I'd use the 124 frame because of the Quick Attach latch. The 122 is a nice set up tractor except it doesn't have the QA latch, which is probably one of the best things Cub Cadet ever did. If you're only gonna using it for one think, like mowing then maybe you won't mind not having it, but if you're using the tractor year round and for several different uses I think you really want a QA latch.

Marty - there sure ain't many like that 122. Really looks sweet. (Don't never mind what I said above - the 122 is one tough tractor).

David S. and Harry,
Since the 127 fenders have the square inset for reflectors and or lights.
The Parts lookup and all my brochures show reflectors only.
I suppose the rectangular reflectors or the rectangular lights would be proper.
I have seen the oval tail lights on that style fender, but looks plain goofy, LOL
306047.jpg

306048.jpg

Oh Harry,
That word you were looking for is Stimsonite

Attachments

• 306048.jpg
    306048.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 306047.jpg
    306047.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 306047.jpg
    306047.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 306048.jpg
    306048.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 121
Marty- Please let your father know how nice his model 122 is, what a show! I really love that series of garden tractor. The starter safety switch made it's debut with this model and has remained with the models to come! I did notice the lighter, and that too is nice, a reminder of a time gone by.

Kraig, Thank you for your help! Lucky for me that I can fix what is needed, and add the correct light switch. Nice knowing that what is current to the 125 is not quite factory, but it will be! Progress on my 125 is productive. Going to mate the pump and rear end together in the morning! All and all, she's a dandy of a unit!

Jason W. Happy Birthday. That is one nice birthday cookie.

Marty G. I love the 122 picture.
306053.gif

Finally had rain last night. So I'll be mowing lawn this weekend before doing any other Cub Cadet related projects.

Attachments

• 306053.gif
    306053.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 306053.gif
    306053.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 127
Well, it'll be reflectors for now.
The harness has the terminal for lights so I will be ready for the light/s if I ever find some. I'm at a loss as to just how a single light would mount though, maybe to the side of the frame at the rear?
It's already pretty crowded there what with the 3 point I added.
Agreed, the oval lights don't look right.
Today, it's decal placement time. All except for the little IH sticker for the rear that is MIA, somewhere.
I'll have to rob a seat from another Cub for the parade though!!
Film at eleven!!

Marty, beautiful 122!
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 122
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 119
Marty, that's amazing.......my 122 looks exactly like your dad's.......and then I wake up.
My 122/124 will be for pushing & pulling a cart, so the Q/A isn't an issue. Too many other mowers to need it for that. I'm building a front "York" rake w/tedder tines that will use the push blade as support. A true push/pull worker. Thanks

David Q.

Latest posts

Back