• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 28, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
I think this just goes to show us how forums can give so much more than just the subject matter. I made a great friend here and I think Nic B hit the nail on the head by saying, "it's a sad day for IHcubcadet"

R.I.P. Don Tanner

Like everyone else, I'm saddened by the news of Don T passing. Thank you, Frank, for letting us know. Condolences to Don's family and close friends like Frank C.

My deepest sympathies to Don T's family and friends...his valuable contributions to this board have helped make it what it is today!

Afternoon guys! I'm sad to read of Mr.Tanner's passing. Prayers to his family and friends. I recall he enjoyed his 982, I believe, and I too,delighted in his shared IH Cub Cadet enthusiasm here, at the most respected site on the net!

RE: 125

Q: Why don't my model 125 have the factory hole cut-out for the side mount (on left of dash tower) IH push-pull headlight switch?

My tractor has what appears to be a very original headlamp switch located in, and described as "lighter" location. However, the switch I have is in fact a push-pull switch with the plastic knob.

Q: If my 125 did come with a lighter, where would the headlamp switch have been located?

Other events concerning my 125: It is taken apart currently, and is cleaning up very nice. I'm currently replacing all gaskets on the trans axle except for the axle carriers. The pump is on the bench awaiting to be cleaned and inspected. New Hy-Tran and Cub Cadet filter to be added. Trying to have the pump mounted back to the trans axle to have all ready to re-couple to the 125 frame on this Saturday. From here, I'll attempt to find a replacement safety switch spring lever, clean and inspect the manual lift assembly. I have a new container of Never Dull cotton wadding that I figure will do a good number on the nice chrome lift lever!

Some one before my ownership of this nice 125, used an off-brand yellow color to cover up where the battery cracked and leaked, the rust and discoloration there-in (sort of upsetting).

Once it's back together and shined up for picture day, I'm going to make every effort to get pictures posted. Can't wait!

Other news: Cold here in N.E Ohio today. Around 68* as of the moment, last night the coolness dipped down to/around 54*-56*. Nice sleeping weather for us!

Thank you all, and have a great day!

John, there isn't a "factory hole" for the light switch. It's possible that the dealer (more likely the PO) installed the light switch in the wrong location. The proper location is on the lower left hand side of the dash tower/pedestal.

305997.jpg

Attachments

• 305997.jpg
    305997.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 305997.jpg
    305997.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 157
I too will miss Don T. He sure enjoyed his Cub Cadets during the past several years, fixing them up and putting together a nice collection clear up north there in Canada. He will be missed by all. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

I don't believe there is anything I can say to Don T's family and friends that has not been said, other than dito all the above.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Donald Tanner inspired me to restore my Cub Cadets. He was passionate about what he loved, even if he didn't ever quite understand how to hook up a voltage regulator. He more than made up for his ignorance with with his zest for productive activity. I hope someone is able to benefit from his shop with the heated floor. If Dawn ever needs help with the 1512, I hope she knows she can come here. Rest in Peace, Don.
smile.gif

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    215 bytes · Views: 135
I find that interesting to know Kraig! The only hole in the left side of the control tower on my 125 has is a fuse in it. This hole don't look big enough in diameter to accept the metal IH push-pull switch that you were nice enough to post a picture of.

With many dash pictures that I come across, few have the lighter located in it's correct location, while many have the little chrome cover that don't have the lighter. Now, on my model 72,(which model is from the same year/line up as my 125) there is a hole location on that control tower, which clearly accepted the metal IH stamped push pull light switch I got for it a while ago.

Well, it's a wonder to my prying mind about my particular situation. Where might be another place on a 125 for a fuse location?

Jason W, I'm not sure I know the reason for difference between the two different rear ends you posted. However, I really can't say one will preform and work better than the other. By the way, how did installing that cork gasket dry play out for you? I'm in that same situation myself, planning on joining the two this Friday.

Gonna get some work done on the 125 before work in the morning!

John L

Only Time will tell as far as installing new cork dry, 1 week in so far so good, LoL

Although FAQ HERE: http://cubfaq.com/corkgasket.html

Describes using Very Thin layer of permatex!

If I had it to do over Again Prolly would have gone w/ FAQ mention of Very Thin Layer of Permatex. And the reason I say that is Because these guys Know IH Cadets like no Other! I'm way to green to this whole Yellow & White thing to be Advising Anyone of Anything at this point! And I've been
bottom.gif
more than a few time's here on what I Have Thought should be the Best course of action concerning the Refurb of my 149.
happy.gif

I've just opened so many sealing surfaces when someone has Globbed & Gooped so much Additive on Gaskets and found huge and small beads and lumps that have squeezed out on the inside that eventually break off plugging oil passages and causing interference with Working Internals that it's just a "Personal Preference"

If I Remember Correctly the IH Service Manual for my Unit stated 30 foot pounds for Hydrostatic Unit - Differential Housing.

One Thing I can't stress enough and I don't think anyone here would disagree with is If you have not Already Downloaded a Copy of the Actual "Service" Manual for your unit Please do so before Starting any major or even minor repairs. Not to be confused with the "Operater's" Manual which is good info also.

My recent rear swap left me
1a_scratchhead.gif
concerning the trunion cam linkage. It wasn't until I sat down and Really REALLY took a good long Read through the SERVICE Manual that I actually began to Understand how the rear brakes, rear brake adjustment, brake pivot, brake pedal, speed control lever adjustment, neutral adjustment, and brake pedal to trunion cam adjustment ALL Work together "SIMULTANEOUSLY"!!!
The "Service" Manual Explains in great detail the proper procedures and here is the kicker, "In Which ORDER" starting with rear brake adjustment to get all the linkages adjusted Properly! If I had of taken the time to sit down and read through service manual before starting the 1250 to 149 rear swap it would have saved me a lot of
1a_scratchhead.gif
ing and Grief!!!

Anyway on a brighter note, yesterday was my 47th B-Day
And when I got home from work momma surprised me w/ This Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake:

306000.jpg

Also My Condolences to Don T. And Family, I've not been here long enough to have had conversations with him but My Prayers go out to his Family and Friends.

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 148
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 136
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 141
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 140
  • 306000.jpg
    306000.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 160
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 306000.jpg
    306000.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 129
Jason, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
groupwave.gif

Very cool cookie!
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• groupwave.gif
    groupwave.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 135
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 136
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 127
John, I might have been wrong
blush.gif
about there not being a factory hole in the dash tower for the light switch. I might be able to confirm this if I remember to check two complete 105s that I have to see if they have the hole. Before I replied yesterday I looked through a bunch of photos and couldn't find one with the hole, but I found one looking this morning and it looks like it might be so close to the battery box area that it doesn't show unless the camera angle is just right. Here's a parts 1x5 that I have that doesn't have the fiberglass dash panel. It has a hole that appears to be factory.

306005.jpg

It could be that it was added during the 72, 1x4/5 series production run.
dunno.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 143
  • dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 306005.jpg
    306005.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 147
  • blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 132
  • 306005.jpg
    306005.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 138
Dave: Parts Lookup shows a single taillight, pretty much like Kraig's post below.
happy.gif

Edit: Maybe it depends on Serial Number?

1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 131
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129
David S.
No tail lights, just reflectors.
PN/ 730-3000
306037.jpg

Attachments

• 306037.jpg
    306037.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 149
  • 306037.jpg
    306037.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 139
Group, I am guessing that I can take the best components from my 122 & 124 to make a better (for me) 122. Am I correct? I do like the look of the 122 and it has the best frame & paint. Thanks

David

John,
Here is a lighter on a 122:

306043.jpg

Jason,
Beautiful cake!! Happy birthday.
groupwave.gif

David,
Did you say 122?
Here's my dad's:

306044.jpg

306045.jpg