• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry Muncie,
The throttle lever might as well be hooked directly to the carb.

Please don't take this the wrong way.... Have you checked your throttle cable for acceptable "play" at the governor arm?

Morning guys. I had some problems with the governor on my 149 a while back. the screw that holds It in place backed off. I had to remove the Cam cover bracket and push the governor back on the post and tighten the screw. then i spun the engine buy hand backwards to see that the weights were back in place before i got out the vicegrips to hold the rod steady and readjusted the governor.i did not connect the T cable till i had everything all correct set.It was a bear to get set up and now works great. I have plowed a garden at 1400 rpm and had bags of power. Have fun. later Don T
old.gif

Wife & I started a "Land-scaping Project" about a month ago, front of Our house has a Locust tree, and "HAD" a BUNCH of other small bushes. Prior owner of the house added crushed Granite around all the landscapng all around the house. He owned a concrete flatwork construction company, sidewalks, driveways, etc. so had a single axle dumptruck and skid-steer loader. Made fast work out of spreading tons & tons of rock but We're trying to reduce the size of the landscaped area in front of the house. Month ago I pulled EVERYTHING except the Locust tree that's 30+ ft tall. Bought a skid of 130 concrete edging (2500# worth!) and Yesterday about NOON Wife & I got done scraping up about 20,000 pounds of dirt & rocks from the area We're redoing, scrape packed-in rock & dirt into buckets, dump buckets into My Pronovost hyd. dump cart hooked to the 982, dump dirt/rock into other areas where We can hide the dirt/rock under bark mulch.

NOW comes the fun part. Moving dirt with the FARMALL's & loaders, and grading the area with the CC 70 & belly grader blade. There's a couple challenges left however. There's a mound of dirt along the side of the house that has to be moved and/or leveled, and in that mound is the base for the old BIG satelite TV dish. Not sure how big the chunk of concrete is but it could be HUGE, Concrete was REALLY cheap for the prior owners of this house. The top sticking out of the ground is only two feet in diameter, but it could be six feet deep and four feet in diameter on the bottom! I can't even wiggle it with the loader on the M, and it lifts about twice what the loader on the Super H lifts. Then there's a retaining wall made from concrete cylinders about six inches in dia and 12 inches long, and It has to be rebuilt, made taller and shorter. That's an "Easy" part of this project.

Dennis,
As a ham radio operator who once had a nice size radio tower, and the experience with my dad's BUD (Big Ugly Dish) back in the day, I can probably say that there is at least a yard of concrete there, probably more since the PO was into overkill to ensure that the base would stay stable between the off center weight and high winds blowing against a 100 square foot dish. Unless you can get a crane of at least several tons capacity, you'll have a hell of a time moving that thing. You might have to break it up with a jackhammer, though explosives might be easier. God help you if he put a lot of rebar inside it if you go the jackhammer route.
poof.gif

Good luck with it.

Bruce

Hi guys, thanks for all the valuable information you have given me it helped a lot during the process of rebuilding the "killer Kohler" 321.

After months of waiting on money from my brother in-law to get parts and the engine bored and the crank cleaned I finally got it all together and the engine is back in it's rightful place.

I attached all the needed parts and was on my way to firing her up. I had the battery on charge the night before so I thought I was good to go. I stepped on the clutch pedal and turned the key....nothing. I can hear the soleniod engage and the power going to the generator/starter but it won't turn. I figured maybe I have to hand turn it to get some more oil onto the moving parts but that didn't seem to help. It turns over fairly easy with a strap wrench but the starter cannot turn it. Is there a ground issue that I'm not aware of? I checked all wires and leads for tightness and all check out. Ugh...I just want this baby to fire so I can start adjusting the carb and get her out of the garage and back to doing some work.

Dlguest,

The problem you describe with our 44C mower deck is common one with years of use. What happens is the bearings are fine but loose in the bearing cups that hold them. Unless the cups have excessive wear and grooves in them you can easily fix the problem with an anvil and hammer. Take the cups to the anvil and hammer on the bolt mounting tabs to flatten the mounting flange out around the periphery. Also, hammer on the flat part of the cup where the bearing arbor goes through to flatten it out but don't hit it so hard to collaspe the cup. Hope this helps.

Have you checked your throttle cable for acceptable "play" at the governor arm?

Richard,

Not sure what you mean by this...Please explain further.

Thanks,
Jerry

What all does the 483-525-R92 PTO clutch rebuild kit include? I need to know what else I need to order and/or clean up to rebuild the PTO clutch in this 100...Thanks!

Matt, I believe the kit includes the cogged friction disc, the triangle spring(s), 3 anti rattle clips, the adjusting gauge and instructions. It would NOT include, the 3 adjusting bolts, 6 nuts (3 are for Jam nuts), the center button, the 3 throwout levers, or the 3 coil release springs.

Jerry Muncie, If you change the spring's position with out checking to make sure the throttle plate can close, with the throttle control at idle, you will get something like you described.

Back