• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 13, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpalmer

displayname
Richard Palmer
Never mind.. I see it. Bearing plate and do-dad.

See ya all later.

Mike M pull the bowl off the carb and make sure it has fuel flowing into carb. My 147 did that and i found the rubber hose was bad inside. It looked perfect on the outside.

Posted a couple of days ago about a 105 that I was picking up today that the previous owner said had a rattle and a oil leak from the front seal. Front seal hanging on the shaft so that explains oil leak and no big deal on replacing. Rattle however is probably the starter/generator pulley is wallowed out, key way is messed up, sleave behind pto bearing wallowed out and shaft has a noticable groove worm into it. Looking to the experts for what to do now. My gut is telling new crankshaft, starter generator pulley and sleave. I am hoping that my gut is wrong though.

Steven Montgomery,
I say believe your gut. It kinda sucks changing the crankshaft for stupid stuff. But that's what happens with some of these tractors. Too much abuse and neglect and then they get patched with wire and whatever the PO finds laying around.

That being said. Once you get her done.. you'll have a tractor your neighbors will envy and you will love.

got the cco up and running,ready for decals ( from sponsor's above) has anyone ever sprayed the surface with a little soapy water mix before trying to apply the decal to let it slip around a little before it dries?thanks in advance.

Richard,
No real problems using a NF engine in a WF tractor. On mine, the dipstick is on the other side, and I recommend using the WF tins. One other issue you might run across is the cylinder head configuration, and whether or not it uses studs in place of 2 or more bolts, and whether the bosses for the bolts are level with the bottom of the cooling fins or the top. This would possibly apply if the head you're using is off a different engine than the one your building up. If they're different, you might have to buy new head bolts.

Bruce

Ayone know where I can get a crankshaft, starter/gen pulley and the sleeve for my 105? I am going to disassemble the PTO clutch tomorrow to take a look but I am expecting a rebuild of that as well. Know where I can get part for that?

Thanks for helpin' a newbie,
Steve

how much work is it to replace a 1st reverse gear on an original since mine is back running i notice a bumping in 1st and reverse...

Bruce Nolte, Yah. I put in everything from the grass screen to the transmission. Then I put in the engine. Had one of the front bolts too tight to move the engine to get the other front bolt in. I really, really hate putting my fingers up in that axle. Supported of course. But man I hate it. Did the pto, cleaned up the ignition parts and went to put on the coil.
bash.gif
bash.gif

I have been thinking all along about the head bolts. I don't know if they'll clear yet. Probably not. They are the studs for a saddle mount. I don't mind getting the tin switched. But just the idea of jacking up the front end again to do the finger work is a total bummer.
I hope this takes care of this machine. If so I'm gonna gas her up with some stabilizer and park it. That way I got a working machine and project over. To each their own. But no more wide frames or hydros for me.

I was out with my tiller 1a on my 1650 and the belt broke, The one from the tiller to the gear box. Anyone know the part number? Both would be great if you had them. I got to finish tiller by friday. Thanks

Lucas H. I use 1 or 2 drops of dish soap per quart sized bottle. Any more it will never dry. If the decal is one piece it will work np. If you have the separated CCO kind, lol. If that’s the case, use prep-solvent to clean surface of paint, then use light masking tape to line up and level the decal from the top for reference. Apply pressure to top 2 corners while holding bottom 2 corners out. Spread it down and out with a credit card that did not take bail-out money.

Lucas, I always use a soapy water solution to apply decals so they can be moved -- a little. I don't remember the exact mixture, but it doesn't require much soap.

The Wife and I went to a tractor/construction equipment auction today.Here is the link for it.
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=618447
I picked up a 106 with a mower deck,and a wide frame snow plow in nice shape.Also a K 301 motor with a nice new carb on it,it was one of three motors that I got for one bid of $45.00 The other two I gave away(non Kohlers)POS'S. When I got it off the truck it took 15 minutes to get it running.This is a nice change from the others I have picked up.This was a well taken care of Cub,shifts nice,deck is quiet,and all the lights work.
I'll keep this short,
See Yah!
153016.jpg

153017.jpg

153018.jpg

153019.jpg

153020.jpg

153021.jpg

Lewis P.,
Nice looking 106 Cub you got there! CONGRATS!!
thumbsup.gif

So what are your plans with the the extra engine?
RWilke
beerchug.gif

Mike M.,
Do as Kendal H. suggested. If the gas flows good, then it is likely getting fuel. If it doesn't flow out, then there is an obstruction somewheres "up stream".

If it has fuel the next thing to check is the spark. Get your sparkplug wrench ready and the get the engine running again. As soon as it quits, don't wait the 10 minutes, but immediately remove the sparkplug from the head, re-attach it to the sparkplug wire and ground it on the head so you can observe its spark. Turn the key/engine over and see if there is any spark within just a minute of it dying. If not, then it may be that you have a coil going bad that quits working when it gets hot and starts to work again if allowed to cool down. If there is no spark, switch to using a different/good coil or a new coil.

Remember: to run, you need fuel and spark. Without either of them, it won't run. Kendal's suggestion will check that the carb is getting fuel. The sparkplug test will tell you if its getting spark........

Good Luck!
RWilke
beerchug.gif

Steven Montgomery Try the sponsors. Click on the boxes above and they can get you anything you need.

Lewis Palma , Nice looking Cub. And a Kohler for $45.00. Wow. Great deals.

I got my flywheel shroud swapped and the fuel tank has speaking has plenty of room.

153040.jpg

153041.jpg

My floor jack was way low on fluid so I toped it off with Hytran. So far so good.

Every one have a good day Cubbing

hi all,
I am looking for a little wisdom.
I have a 128 and the starter generator is trashed from PO.
I have a replacement but am having trouble getting the pully off.
I got the nut and lock washer off. I'm asking if there's a key way to remove or the like before I get out the BFH so to speak.
It doesn't look like it but i want to make sure before I break something.

Wow slow day. Cut my grass with my#1 100. Neighbor cough me and wanted hers cut. The stuff was at lease 2 ft. high. The 129 is now cool. The S/G isn't charging but that's no biggie and the carburetor needs rebuilt and it needs a new spark plug. I did drive it around to try to see what you died in the wool hydro guys were talking about. The only thing it will do that I like is crawl at a snails pace if ya want it to. But that's all. I wanted to see how fast it was. Pretty fast. But what on earth does one do at that speed?

Now I have a question. Creepers. How slow can I go with one. If I can actually creep and I think I recall seeing a video of a 102 "creeping", then I think they would be worth the money and the work of splitting the tractor to install. Thanks in advance. I'm gonna go collapse.

Latest posts

Back