• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 08, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpatton

displayname
Rich Patton
Kraig and Charlie ,it was a Hawk Built ,its now located at the master cub collectors in Col. oh. I never did get thelink for the chain ,not sure if he did either. glad you still have the pics floating around. later ,Rich

Clicked on the link and they still show the June issue ,Its in july aug.

Wyatt,we do ride it Side Saddle at least we do if this qualifies.
19388.jpg

Rich P: Click on the link, go to the left column , scan down to On/Off Road Tests and click on ULTIMATE TRUCKS...Big Red will come up on top of the page... Neat!! I've also got the mag.. Its even better..
Myron B

ok guys, a little help please!
working on 782, need to replace spring that holds up clutch pedal, but spring is missing, cannot tell where it hooks up
keeper of the photos, do you have documentation of this?

any help is much appreciated!

Hmm, Denny won't be suprised by that IH truck in Truck Trend, HE was looking at doing just that on a 4100L chassis well over a year ago. . . . . . he was way ahead of that trend, must have been somthin' he was in on years ago at Farmall
happy.gif

Colin, the pedal return spring should be part# 732-3010, unfortunately I don't have a photo of where it connects. :eek:(

WYATT - I needed a 4400 LoProfile. I wanted the High Torque DT466E. International made it better now. It used to be 250HP/800#/ft but for 2004 it's 285HP & 800+#/ft. Nice thing about medium duty trucks You can get ANY axle ratio You want, air ride seats, air ride rear suspension, the NGT's even have extended cabs and crew cabs, vent widows, great ergomonics, tilt front end for great servicability. But the &@!*% thing is about 4 inches too tall to fit in My shop! Anyone looked under the hood of a new 6.0L Powerstroke lately? Can't even see the engine! Isn't it Jim Chabot who uses an S-???? IH as His Cub tow rig? That's where I got the idea. We got a 4300 with a 24 ft van box last winter at work and the driver LOVES the truck compared to the Freight-shaker We had before. It's quiet, doesn't leak, looks nice, turns very sharp, rides Really nice. Driver even takes His breaks in the cab! Only connection to Farmall however is My 1-6/10's shares of International common stock I got from the ESOP when I was at Farmall. I benefit more from selling an International truck than a Ford, Dodge, or Chevy.

Colin T,
Probably not much help, but this is all I've got. #15 in the diagram...

Image was WAY to big... Sorry

(Message edited by cholloway on June 09, 2004)

<blink><font color="ff0000">NEWS FLASH!</font></blink> Kraig has no picture of that , that's a first !

Ken, I have the one that Colin H. posted, but it doesn't show where both ends of the spring connect. So I didn't post it.

KRAIG - Except for the extended Living Area, and Sleeping quarters for 4 or 6 behind the cab, (just kidding) That's what I had in mind. Plus I could get 150 Gal. fuel capacity direct from the factory, Only cost $250 to fill at todays fuel prices. Towing a 10,000-12,000# trailer I don't think You could EVER wear the thing out. Only problem I could see was I don't think You'll ever get 16-17 MPG with it on the highway. Jim's truck sure is clean!

If I had a 782 handy I'd go take a photo. :eek:)

My x82 series documentation is lacking. I have brochures but no manuals. :eek:(

That's funny, I seem to remember you having an entire folder of 82-series stuff from your parents 2082 as well as another folder of stuff from my 1872...

<font size="-2">Me thinks Kraig's slipping.....</font>
happy.gif

Kraig,
We have to get a current photo from the archives, Jim painted the Rig about 2 years ago in gold to match his new 5th wheel camper, complete with matching graphics.

My Service Manual for 582 - 582S - 682 - 782 - 982 Chassis and IH Equipmentonly has the 782 hydro ... it has a 582 clutch section but the spring is a foot long !

Art, I said I have brochures.... The 1872 and my parent's 20<blink>7</blink>2 are not x82 series tractors, though they are similar to the SGT 982.

Kenny W., I do not recall seeing any photos of Jim's truck after a repaint.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on June 09, 2004)

Hey Kraig,
You want me to ship you my X82 service and X82 parts manual?? I can even throw in the 682 operators manual for you to scan... I will of course need them back at some point.
wink.gif

Man no Cub time in a while.......

Latest posts

Back