• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 15, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - I'm with Lewis on what might be Don T's problem - something to do with the 4 connector V/R. I did a search for the conversion info (from 3 terminal to use a 4 te3rminal) but couldn't find it. I'm certain I had seen a re-wire diagram sometime in the past. I also didn't find anything in the FAQ. Can you help us out here?
Lewis did ask Don to post a pic of his V/R. I seem to recall there are various types of 4 terminal V/Rs, one type having the standard 3 terminals and an obvious 4th terminal for ground. Another type has the same standard 3 terminals and a 4th terminal marked L for Load. If Don has this terminal grounded it may be why he is getting the click when connecting the battery which is a direct short to ground. I don't recall enough info and the cross-reference would certainly help.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (but do get wires crossed)

Gary S - Glad I was able to help you understand coils. I learned something from Bill Rhodes' response as well. I might add that the reason I had to investigate the ignition on my GM car in the first place was the "fusible link" that went to the coil. Until the ignition "failed" I did not know that what appeared to be a WIRE could actually be a FUSE. Again, dealing with that coil configuration was a learning experience for me.
smile.gif

Don T - If I told you all the troubles I had with the wiring on my 782 you could "dig" at me all day. It took me two years to figure out that I had two wires crossed in the starting circuit.
biggrin.gif

Don T-

The problem I'm having is with my 125 hydro speed control. I'm specifically referring to the Control Cam plate that works in conjunction with the Control Drive plate that contains the Swashplate Trunnion unit. My Control Cam plate has ALOT of side to side play. So much that the cam pin could fall out of the Control Cam plate groove. The speed control movement is jerky, like there is a notch in the Control Cam groove or pin.

I'm wondering if the Pivot Pin can be adjusted or ?????? I have not separated the hydro from the frame on my 125... I'm trying to fix this without having to separate!

236550.jpg

Tim-

I'm not really sure what the serial number(s) are. I have three 124s and use them all. I'll take a look today sometime.

Dan Bauer

(The problem I'm having is with my 125 hydro speed control. I'm specifically referring to the Control Cam plate that works in conjunction with the Control Drive plate that contains the Swashplate Trunnion unit. My Control Cam plate has ALOT of side to side play. So much that the cam pin could fall out of the Control Cam plate groove. The speed control movement is jerky, like there is a notch in the Control Cam groove or pin.

I'm wondering if the Pivot Pin can be adjusted or ?????? I have not separated the hydro from the frame on my 125... I'm trying to fix this without having to separate! )

The pivot pin has a clip on the end of the shaft to keep the control cam and control plate tight together. Have a look here http://ccspecialties.org/hydroparts_holddowns.html
at Cam Pivot Bushing PN/ IH 394048 R1 . I see the spacer is out of stock Support Spacer for the Speed Control Lever - PN/ IH-57376-C1
I had the same problem with my 129 loader and got the parts from Charlie and did the repair. He sells new cam plates and al the parts if you want to just replace them all (on the same page I listed) I did add washers to my trunion springs and that did make everything tight . Hope this is some help. I`am having
coffee.gif
and then off to take some pictures of my mess I made for the guys here to help me. I love this site
ihrotate.gif

coffee.gif

Dan B,
I had the same issue when I went through my 149's hydro. To fix, I purchased a new hydro control drive plate from a sponsor, and then used some shim washers (0.010") to stiffen up the side play. I have less than 1/8" play now. The shaft they're mounted on is hardened, and doesn't wear much. HTH

Guys there is nothing marked on the back of the VR, so I went buy the picture of the 125 wiring diag (the coloured on at the bottom of the main page) This picture is top to bottom,Bat ,Load ,feild and ground behind on the back of the VR . Is this correct???

236561.jpg

Don, connections from the top down should be Battery, Generator, Field and ground would be on the back or via the mounting brackets.

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

I just used a meter had a signal between the single wire on the starter gen to the middle pole on the VR . That should be correct ?

Don, don't know if this will help you or not, but here's what I figured out when I was working through the voltage regulators on my Cub Cadets. And, it's been a while, but if I remember correctly, if you have a connection in the middle of the back of the voltage regulator, it should be the generator connection. I think the regulator that you have is pictured and discussed towards the very end of the article. Is your's like the one pictured there?

Paul E. Funk

I took off the cover of the VR . here it is.

236567.jpg

I don`t think my 129 charges , so this will help me get that sorted later . thanks when it comes to wiring and power I`am lost.Can`t watch it work I`am stumped lol.

Paul E. Funk
So I do have this VR wired incorrectly.
bash.gif
I do have this one .
236570.jpg

So where does the ground go ? and what pin to wire do I use from top to bottom. Thansk for your help.
worthy.gif

Don, It should be B-bat F-field A-armature but I can't remember the order, If you have a post on that V/R with L on it, it's the wrong voltage regulator.
Under edit, there you go Don

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - yes that's the chart I recall seeing before, but I also thought there was one describing how you could use a 4 terminal V/R in place of a 3 terminal.

Don T - you may not have realized but each one of the connectors on the V/R is marked. If you disconnect the wire you have attached and look at just the V/R connection it will either be marked with 1 or 3 letters identifying which contact it is for. Now, I don't really know for certain but I thought there had been discussion that a 4 terminal style V/R could be used for these units. I believe the one you have has the G or Gen for Generator terminal located on the back. It's recessed into the back of the V/R assuming your's is the one in the picture. This should leave you with the L or Load side terminal unused. The other 2 side terminals should be your B Battery and F Field. Hope this works, but can't say for certain. I suppose it's possible your 4 terminal V/R can't be used at all for your 125.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (but voltage still flows the same direction north of the border)

When you go to the trouble to split a wideframe tractor to do the Hydro R&R, what is the general opinion here on doing the axle gaskets as well? Seems like a good time to make everything nice and leak free. I do not believe my axle gaskets are leaking, but was wondering what the concensus is on doing that repair once the tractor is split.

Rob N - I never had a W/F axle leak and generally thought they were nearly bullet proof. Lets see what others say.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (but do require maintenance)

Latest posts

Back