• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 06, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschairer

displayname
Mark J. Schairer
Hi:

Towards the end of last season, CCO SN 12199 was running fine, but slowly stopped moving. My questions, is there a roll pin somewhere in the drive train that slowly severed?

Mark

Mark J. Schairer

i see you list a 123 and it does have a pin at the front end of the drive shaft in the drive cup. It might be the rag joint at the back of the drive shaft also. Have a look and let us know what you see.

The LAGT (Lawn and Garden Tractor) Extravaganza is in Evansville, IN this weekend. I got the fleet out and ready to head out early tomorrow morning. If you're there, be sure to stop by and say hello.

your_image.gif

your_image.gif

Our internet has been up and down for the last four days, so I'm not sure this will post. This forum has been about the only thing I've been able to access!!

Don:

The 123 is fine. It's one of my Originals that I'm having the problem with...

Mark J. Schairer

Ok then you will have to look at the rear rag joint and see how it looks. An Original is belt drive off the K , Have you cheeked the belt to see if it is slipping ?

Mark, yes there are 3 Spirol pins in the drive shaft that could cause problems. Does your clutch pedal still have the same feel as in spring loading pushing back? There is also a splined part called the "Pressure Plate Carrier" I doubt it, but perhaps it stripped out.

239790.jpg

239791.jpg

However it might just be a slipping belt or worn clutch linings or the clutch spring is broken.

Apparently I can upload text but not pictures. Sorry about that. By the time our internet was back up it was too late to edit my message.

Mark-
Check this SPIROL pin. I had the same thing happen to my Original when I first got it.

239797.jpg

Art, Thanks for adding that!!! I forgot about that pin, I guess I overlooked the obvious...
bash.gif
old.gif

Don T
What was the final out come on the leaking oil pan? I never saw a thumbs up or down on it

jeff l baker

when I fist took the pan off I noticed some black silicone on the bolts , I cleaned out the bolt holes and installed it. After a few oil leaks I found that the PO had broken one bolt hole and that was where the oil was coming from. It would seep out and the bolt but only after the k was install in the tractor.I`am going to have the pan welded so I can reuse it some day.

Charlie please forgive this off topic

Today is D-Day aniversery and I would just like to honer the men who died on the beachs today 1944

Hello All,

Was wondering if anyone knows the specific type of plastic used in a dash cover of a 782? I need to repair some of the worn spots. I have had some good luck with a plastic welder as long as I match the filler material with the part material. Any suggestions would be great.

Bernie

I have a 70 and a 100 that were both built in 1964 with low serial numbers. I was driving them both today and relized that 2nd gear was about the same speed as 1st gear. But all of my later model 100s and the following models after have the normal 2nd gear that is at the speed between 1st and 3rd I was wondering since they had low serial numbers if this had a factor. Was this an option by the factory. Are these rear ends rare or hard to come by. I haven't seen another 2 cubs like these or any other models with this slow of a second gear. Does anyone have any informations on this. Thanks

Hey, guys. I am building a disk to pull behind my cubs- a rather large disk -and am trying to figure out a way to lift the blades off/out of the ground so it rides on only the rubber tires, like its big cousins out in the farm world. My problem is, Neither of my cubs have a hydraulic lift, 3 point, or sleeve hitch. Any ideas at all???? They will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Troy R,
Cub Cadets from the beginning to serial number 96765 (70/100 from serial # 65458 to 96765) had a 16/36 tooth 2nd gear set (or 2nd speed as IH liked to call it). From serial # 96766 up to the wide frame models (86/108/128) they had a 19/33 tooth 2nd gear set, and the wide frames and later had a 17/35 tooth 2nd gear set.

16T 2nd is great for mowing with a small HP tractor...otherwise, I find then annoying, much preferring the 19T second for most all other uses.

Mowing with 10-12hp is a 19T job, as is plowing, etc.

IMHO, YMMV, ETC, ETC.....

OK guys- I got to get my 1200 running in the next 24 hours to make the show. I was mowing with it today and after about 40 minutes it got hot and started running rough. Thinking it overheated, I took off the side panels and let it sit for awhile. It started again, backfiring, and ran at idle fine. When I opened it up again, it ran poorly at high speed then died.
Lean Mixture?

I followed the high speed adjument for the carb per operators manual, got it started, and richened the mix until it was runnning good. Again, I let it idle awhile, opened the throttle, and it ran poorly then died.
Its still hot and I still cant get it to fire

Latest posts

Back