Archive through June 03, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry 'bout that.
19296.jpg

In a couple of weeks Dad and I are making the trip to Mt. Pleasant, Iowa to the Red Power show. Can we expect to see a lot of Cubs there? We're both Cub crazy.

Tom,

YES!!!!! Probably 300-500.

Wayne W.

More on deck leveling later....

All,

I am BEAT!!!! Tore 32 square of old shingles off of my house this weekend, papered it all in, and laid about 7 square back down before we quit last night. Got off the roof at 9:00 last night with a 102 fever (either what my son just had, or heat stroke, couldn't tell you which one). Might lay off of it until this evening......

I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is the right area for some advice. I currently looking for a lawn mower and after researching John Deere and Cub Cadet decided on the Cub. I went to my dealer to browse and by chance someone just traded in a Cub 1250 (built late 70's, 12HP) which appears to be well taken care of and I believe came form the original owner.

<font color="ff0000">Moderator: your question is not allowed here - please read the rules at the top of the page!</font>

Anybody got dimensions and part numbers for the bearing and seal in a creeper?

Also, I've got this 125 that makes a screeching sound when you start it, and it gets quiet at about 1/3 throttle. Anybody know what's causing that?

Okay, and one more question, can anyone explain to me how a voltage regulator works?

Thanks!

What is the correct way to align the counterweight and balance gears in a newly rebuilt 14 hp Kohler?
Any info will be appreciated.
Bill

I'm with Matt , but if you choose to put them back in it does explain it very well in a Kohler manual along with pictures of the proper alignment. use new snap rings , make sure the pins and bearings are in good shape. you don't want one coming off to make a window in the side of your block

PSA Just talked to Art and he is on the loose hunting cubs on his way home so all of us in Minnesota and Iowa better lock ours up.

New aquisition, first one that I could drive on the trailer. Some carb work and she'll be good as new. Kenny
19300.jpg

19301.jpg

John
I will say that I got in an 1100 recently that was a real pile and the more I looked at it the more I thought it was a "bean counter creation". I will also say your 1100 is the nicest I've ever seen,period. I don't think it'll withstand the pounding a normal Cub would on a regular basis but it's still a better machine than alot of other brands out there. Plus it has 1" spindles,a full frame,cast iron front axle,etc. I'm curious as to how the sleeve hitch setup works,can you explain? Thanks!
happy.gif

I haven't posted in a while. Been a little over a year since I moved into my new home. I remember at the time I wasn't sure the 149 would work out here. I didn't think the yard was big enough for a tractor. I just can't get used to the scale of things here as the yard is a LOT bigger than what my eye tells me.

A view from the house:
(I can still do my corporate looking striping that my old neighbors swore I used a walkbehind)
19305.jpg

and back again:
19306.jpg

There has also been a new Cub Shed :
19307.jpg

19308.jpg

The drive is steep and ramp from the front would have been too long so I made a sort of Bat-Cave door on the end:
19309.jpg

19310.jpg

This coming winter will be the first I will be able to use the Q42a. Just got the driveway paved and the steepness combined with the soft gravel just made a mess with the tractor. Ended up wrecking the auger and digging holes with the Titan Tru-Powers so there was a lot of hand work with a shovel. I can hardly wait for this winter but I'll enjoy the summer for now
happy.gif

(Message edited by bjordan on June 06, 2004)

Thanks Rev. and Bryan. Hi all. It's been a few years between posts. I "mothballed" my 129 for a 2yr. plus hibernation from operation. When I got home I changed all of the fluids/filters,checked the timing (and of course greased all moving parts)and the Kohler fired on the third rotation. The MMO in the combustion chamber/rings/valves smoked a bit at first but the shortblocked,overbored, machined 12 is humming and put a smile on my face. The hydro "whine" came in second.

While having two years of detritus from the trees on the property removed I snuck in with the Cub and a simple sled to harvest the compost.

19312.jpg

hey guys I just wanted to say hi, a lot has changed for me in the past year and I am no longer a missouri boy. I now live just outside of fort lauderdale fla. I miss going to plow days and seeing mr gadget and steve blunier, travis, kevin and all the rest of you that I have met. Life takes some funny turns sometimes and you have to roll with it. Maybe someday I will have another 982 with a front loader and can come play again. Take care and I will try to check in more often. Thomas

Wow! It sure is good to hear from the old guard checking back in!

Thomas, Missouri's loss is Fla's gain.

Matt G,
My 126 kinda squeals at startup if I don't have the s/g belt tightened properly (or more).

Kevin D.!
I keep the 1100 at our cottage.I will take pictures(I'm old but will try to remember)next weekend and post them.The hitch is very similar to any of the wide frame tractors with the exception of a strange bracket the existance of which is not common knowledge.

Steve/Digger, I read the FAQ on the deck leveling and that helped alot. Thanx for the good article. Now my lawn does not resemble a bad haircut. Now that it finally quit raining up here in East central Wisconsin . The 149 got quite a thrashing today .Mowed about an acre that just started turning into seed .
Got one of those devices that measures temp's with a laser light beam and took some readings about half way through the mowing . Cylinder head, 310 degrees,, bottom of the cranckcase, 235 degrees ,, exhaust port area, 525 (unit only reads ip to 550) ,bottom of hydro area,150 ( with new fan) . They do get warm.. This type tester is made by " Raytek" and is quite a neat tool

Richard C., I wanted to thank you again for reposting those QuietLine pedal return spring photos the other day! I got to spend some quality time with the non-running 1450 today, and one of the things that got fixed was the pedal spring. After seeing your pictures, the light bulb over the head finally came on and I realized what I was doing wrong. Once I realized how the spring hooked onto the hydro bracket, the rest was easy and I was able to install it by hand, no special tools required.

I made pretty good progress on the 1450 - I need to add a fuel line, some gasoline, and a hot battery, and I should be ready to hit the key and see if it's gonna run or not. I haven't rebuilt it or anything, but I bought it partially disassembled and it's taken me a pretty good little while to just figure out what parts were there and what parts I needed and round up those parts. Hopefully the test run will go well and I can put it to work for a while before doing anything too major to it.

Thanks to all for the discourse on the the Model 1100 and the great pictures of one at work plowing.
My problem is there seems to be no rebuild kits or rebuilt carbs availible for the 1100. I have been told I can only buy an new carb for $200. But if I still have a problem with the governor, it may not be worth all the money and time.
I really like my machine: unique, super clean and
and its an INTERNATIONAL. Suggestions?
Thanks again
Mark

Latest posts

Back