• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 28, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, Thanks for steering me to the info. I needed. It's greatly appreciated. I should have checked the FAQ's first. M.B.

Does the transmission top cover/shifter assembly from a 104 fit a 108? Thanks

Keith, I believe it will fit but the lever might be slightly different, as in longer or it might be bent to a different angle or both due to the different fender configuration. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Kraig and Keith,

I believe Kraig is correct. We had a 124 (the only gear drive we ever had) and the shifter came up and bent and pointed more toward the dash and did not come very far in front of the seat. Looking at the pictures of the wideframes the shift lever comes farther forward, toward the dash and the the end near the shift knob is bent slightly upward. In my opinion it would be an upgrade and make it easier to reach the shifter. I am a big guy and the shifter on the dash (hydro) is much easier for me to reach.....
biggrin.gif

Keith-

I think the bends may be in the wrong places. I had a 102/104 etc. shifter in my 582 (same fenders as a 108) and it wouldn't work at all. I had to re-bend it.

Thanks for the replies, but other than the bends in the shifter lever, they interchange?

I am building a pulling tractor so a short shifter is fine, we lock um in second anyway.

Yeah, the transmissions are essentially the same, so all IH-built gear drive CC shifters will interchange.

I'm 'way over here at 9:30pm.
If a 123's front axle has been put on backwards, will it steer easier in reverse than forward?

Well...guess someone has to side with Charlie, I kinda have a fondness for black. There is even a Dear John on the other side of town that I like, but also goes to show that beauty IS ONLY skin deep in some cases.
lol.gif

Allen...You messin with the clock ???

BRENDAN - There was a metal-flake black 1468 @ RPRU this past week, a Puller with a twin-turbo IH 9.0L V-8 diesel. I Just BET that's what TOM was going to post a pic of! It had a REAL nasty bark to it. It was in the Parade of Power at Noon on Saturday. Son made the comment when it went past the Exhibition Hall and the driver PIPED On it that f it had been in a higher gear it would have pulled the frt wheels off the ground!

Guy over on the RPM forum from the same area as the owner said it's a new pulling tractor this year and is still having some "Teething Problems". The semi they had three other pullers on was pulled by a shiny new IH/Navistar LONE STAR Semi. First one I'd ever seen up close & personal!

Denny
Somebody posted a picture of that, and I would like to hear and see it pull, but most of the V8's I seen pull sound good, but seem to run out of "umph" pretty quick when the weight box gets close to the front of the sledd......kinda like a big (1650 ?) Oliver with a "Jimmie" in it , it sounds good......

Back