• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 28, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
326568.jpg

Charlie-
Check to make sure the locking collar is on the forward end of the driveshaft. (On the front side of that bracket) That keeps the entire shaft from sliding backwards when the pedal is pushed.

The front pulley is captured by the spirol pin, so when the clutch pedal is pushed, you're relying on the driven pulley (the one with the belt on it) to slide on the shaft to release that plate. If the bushing inside that pulley (or the driveshaft itself) isn't in good shape, that pulley could very well hang up.

Of course all of this discussion is assuming that someone has checked to make sure that front plate isn't rusted to the main drive pulley. THAT would make it hang up for sure!

Charlie-
After looking a little closer at the first pic you posted. It looks like #6 in this diagram may be installed backwards, which would mean that the locking collar (#2) is missing entirely.

326571.jpg

Art,
After he sent me that pic, he did change the front bearing/collar. Everything is new with the exception of the clutch release collar assembly, which he put a new bushing in.
The only other thing I can think of would be the pressure plate gear that might be hanging up, not letting the clutch pulley release.

Charlie-
That pressure plate "gear" could certainly be the culprit, but at the same time, if the rear pressure plate is releasing from the clutch pulley, doesn't that mean that the gear is allowing that plate to pull back? In other words, if the gear was messed up somehow, the rear plate wouldn't be releasing as it wouldn't be coming back off the clutch pulley.

Unless, maybe it's only sliding a tiny bit. Releasing the rear plate, but not the front?

dunno.gif

Yep,
The rear plate comes loose just fine.
The pulley assembly just isn't moving back enough to release the front pressure plate.

I do have a question for the group. How does the lift cylinder come apart on a narrow frame hydraulic lift? Is there a snap ring perhaps? I ordered a seal kit for it. Thanks!!

Bradley,

I am thinking you just take the hydraulic hoses out and it pulls apart. About 95 percent sure on this.

Hoses hold it together, remove and the end caps come off.

Back