Archive through July 23, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be when Charlie's hamster takes a break from running on the wheel that's powering the server....
dunno.gif

Brendan:
You upgrade to FireFox 3 by any chance??

Kendall, Yep. I was wonderin about that but this is the only site I'm having that problem with, today is also the first time and I've been on FF3 from like the 3rd day it was out
dunno.gif

Just picked up a nice original 102 from a guy over in Perry Hall that put it on Craigslist. It was kept inside its whole life, and still looks pretty decent. The guy mowed with it until last summer, when the engine went south. Came with a pretty solid looking 42 inch deck.

Too dark and stormy for pictures now, but I'll send a few on the forum tomorrow
ihrotate.gif

BELT help. I have a good old cub cadet 1250. I cant seem to find a mower V belt for the 44a mower deck. I believe it is called PTO belt the one that goes from the engine to the mower deck to power it. any help??? Lowes cant seem to find it for me hehehee.

David S

The part number is easly found useing the cub cadet parts lookup box at the top of this page.

Part #IH-490489-R2 Belt, Mule Drive.

Lonny,
With the group of sponsors we have. I'll stand behind my statement of ANYTHING!
thumbsup_old.gif

I know for a fact that some of them are the only ones that have a LOT of stuff that no one else has.

Granted, I have only been a forum member a little over a year. I have never seen this low amount of posts.(over the past couple of days) Hopefully, seat time on cubs or wrenchin on cubs is the cause....

Gentlemen you and I missed a very wonderful event up here in central WI a retired Cub Cadet dealer had a private auction. While I was unable to attend I did send my nephews (fine young eagle scouts) and they brought home a model 100. It would seem that most of the equipment and tractors went very inexpensive.
Dad loaded up on spare clutches and carbs. My problems is this I sure would like some pic of some properly restored 100'sif anyone is interested in sharing(possiblyDTanner that one looks nice) and also any other info on 100' is always welcome. My 100 has creeper gear, rear lift,and hyd. lift. Also some one told me that the PTO of a cub tactor will fit these models true or false? As always any info is helpful. Thanks for everything!!

Tom W.
My 100 that was finish last fall.
89088.jpg

Hydaulic system and fenders were added to my 100.
Hood needs redone...I scratch the hood.
First time out plowing with 100:
89089.jpg

The plow and hitch were built around the same time the 100 was built.
89090.jpg

Hi all im a little courious I changed the fluids in the 1450 that I just got it had a yello filter with IH on it wouldn’t that mean that filter is about 27years old? the hydro fluid was like jell I cleaned the rear end out till it was pretty much spotless should I run it for a while and change it again ore will it be ok

Darren S.
Your filter could have very well been original to the tractor, sorry to say. But that just shows how well these things have held up with little to no maintenance.

Fill it up and run it till you decided to change it again. Let's hope its not another 27 years though.
thumbsup_old.gif

Or it could be an old filter that sat on the dealer's shelf for many years. I bet it's been installed for 20+ years though. The owner probably changed it once or twice early on. After the tractor gets a bit dusty that maintenance stuff tends to be forgotten.... BTDT
blush.gif

Morning guys. i want to know what youall would add for changes to a stock rebuild on a 14 hp kol. i `am
thinking of having 1 rebuilt for me and want to get it done right.This would be ordered with a 10 over rebuilt short block.Thanks Guys
oh the rebuilt 14 will be going in my 149 for snow duties and trailer.

Cub Time: spending a couple hours a night every night working on one or another. Going to check out some Cubs at a tractor show tonight. Promised Maws a tenderlion and ice cream if she went with me (and brought her checkbook)!
err.gif

Pops
old.gif

thanks guys and dont worry itll have regular maintnence i do have to say that 1450 is quite the tractor that hydrolic lift is nice hate to say it but i cant wait for snow to try out the blower
beerchug.gif

Afternoon , just ordered a rebuild kit for the 149 as i thought the bore is egg shaped and needs a .30 bore to correct this.Had to have a friend carry the 14 to my jeep its to heavy for me.
animatedihbear.gif

Latest posts

Back