• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 23, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunt

displayname
Carey Hunt
Brendan, sorry to hear you slabbed your hand...

Cubs'll do that to ya. hehe

LOL, wish I done it on a Cub...would have made it worth while, at least it shouldn't get infected from one of those green things.
fence.gif
joker.gif

Brendan, wow, you've been having some bad things happen lately. Bummer!
89031.gif
Oh, I have some refurb photos to post in a bit. Not much but it's better than nothing.

Mike F., nice job on the decals!
89032.jpg

Rick A., it's been a long time since you last posted! Good to hear from you!
happy.gif
I believe you'll be OK using the round muffler, it'll just be LOUD! KENtucky hasn't posted in a month or 2. He's still kicking, just not as high....

That is a very good deal on a shortblock setup You should find out what all comes with it. Also it that a 1st time rebuilt or bored out for the last time???? Do you get a new or reserfaced head with it????

Made a little progress on the 125 and Original refurbs last night. The two lower 3 point hitches were a little bent, one worse then the other. My neighbor used his 30 ton press to straighten them out for me last night. I then finished cleaning them up then primed and painted them. The shift I painted a couple days ago. The transmission has been in this primed state for a couple of years. It's next on my to-do list. I need to clean up some grease that got on it and re-prime it then paint it. Once it's painted I'll be bolting it to the frame and it'll be almost ready to be a roller.
buttrock.gif

89039.jpg

89040.jpg

89041.jpg

89042.jpg

Kraig:
Johnny Cash?? (
89045.gif
"One piece at a time...")
I'll post some OT project pics in the Sandbox in a while - gotta go get mower gas right now - $3.89 last night..

<u><font color="ff0000"><font face="times new roman,times,roman"><font size="+2">Help!</font></font></font></u>
ok i have major problem... i took the head off my 100 to decarbonize it the other day and when i did the two bolts by the exhuast valve sheered off flush with the block... i didnt think that it would be this hard to get them out. i drilled the first one and i used a brand new easy out, it shatered like glass and got stuck inside the hole... and it's hardend steel so i keep breaking my bits or dulling them trying to drill the easy out, the same thing happned with the other bolt now i'm stuck and i dont know what to do please help!

Matthew S.
Looks like it's time to invest in a really good SMALL sharp chisel and try to reverse the easy out, out.
Then buy a good easy out and give it a shot.
Other than that, the only thing I ever did was weld a piece of steel to the bolt, being careful not to get into the block area. Wire welders are good for that sort of thing. PB Blaster is also a good idea to soak in for a while too.

Charlie, would a safe way to weld that steel to the bolt be to use a piece of bar stock with a small hole then weld through the hole to the broken bolt? I'm not a welder, just thinking here....
89051.gif

Matthew S,
You may have to take it to a machine shop with an EDM setup and burn it out....

If you have access to a mig, use the next size smaller nut and weld it to the bolt. A lot of times the heat from welding will also loosen the stuck bolt then carefully spin it out with a wrench. My grandfather showed me that when I was a kid. Works pretty good.

Kraig, I don't know what the deal is but this has to stop. If bad luck runs in strings of three I have 1 more this week to expect.
lol.gif

Brendan, yikes, you need to spend some quality time on a Cub Cadet maybe that'll head it off. If not, at least you'd have spent some quality time on a Cub Cadet.
beerchug.gif

Greg P., could the black dust that you see on the S/G pulley be belt dust? Does the S/G have bearings or bushings? I do know that the innerds of the S/G will have a good build up of dust from the brushes, not sure that could get to the outside and to the pulley though. Is the S/G tightly bolted together?

I hear ya Kraig, Cub time is like therapy to me ! I can't even mow the yard, it's been rain for the last 5 days. Wish I could help you guys out and send some that direction.

Brendan, I'd take the rain! Sounds like you need one of these:

89053.jpg

89054.jpg

I thought bout making one of those, used to do auto and boat upholstery, to keep me out of the sun. I tried mow with the Cozy Cab on with no doors but was it ever loud in there. It seems to funnel all the noise into the cab. May line it with something to cut down on some of the vibration and noise. I am going to make a sun shade for the little wagon I made for my granddaughter. Kind of like the ROPS looking one I've seen here only scaled to size. I have 102 fenders on it now and aluminum diamond plate steps. Just need to touch up the paint.

Yep, that's the one. When she seen the Cozy Cab on the 102 she said she wants a "top" so.... you know how grandfathers are
lol.gif

for some reason sometimes the pics will be there, other times there gone. If I refresh sometimes they'll come back. Am I the only one getting this ?

Latest posts

Back