• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 22, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
BTW Wyatt,
We were in your neck of the woods today too, LOL
Prairie de chen,wi and then over to Muscoda to pick up that 125.

Thanks Charlie! About 8 years ago I filled it up with litheum grease. I'm going to open it up one of these days and see what it looks like. Hopefully everything is well.

Charlie-
I'd have taken ya up on it too! It's a 5-1/2 hour drive back to South Dakota, breakfast was from a gas station in Waukon, IA and lunch was on the tailgate at a rest stop on I90. Thanks for the offer!

Here's one just for the new guys out there.
A guy brought his Cub by tonight, said it wouldn't start.

Fire to both sides of the coil and at the points, but nothing to the plug.

Any of you new guys care to take a stab at what's wrong and how you would trouble shoot it?

New plug, new wire, new points gapped right.
thumbsup.gif

Scott,
All the obvious stuff looked and worked just fine. Your gonna have to think just a tad harder than the easy stuff.
biggrin.gif

Charlie - just when I thought I'd drop in and check out the site, you have to come up with a puzzle problem, and one where all the easy stuff is working correct. It's been so long since I fooled around with Kohlers I can hardly remember the model in my 169 - I think it's a K341. I do remember it's a 13 fin. Anyway, on your problem, I'd guess something like the connector inside the coil was missing. For somebody with only one Cub it would be hard to know that. Don't keep us guessing to long, will ya.

Wyatt - 1st I've seen a poster from the Dakota Territory. I grew up in Vermillion and remember the IH dealer there, now long gone. Not surprising you have to run thru the Cheddar Curtain to find some cubs.

Great to see you guys still posting and diggin into Cubs on here. I'll be back now and again to check things out and keep ya straight on the longest postings. (hope there ain't no limit).

Hydro Harry
(old Cubs never die, they just find another resting place)

Well, I had to ask about the obvious stuff. I come into the middle of troubleshooting something oinly to find that something obvious was the gotcha. I will have to think more, to early to think that hard right now.
bash.gif

Hey Harry,
Glad to see your still alive and kickin man.
It's been to long since your last 3 page disertation answers to us on Cubs and how to fix'um.

As soon as some of our news guys wake up, I'm sure they will chime right in with an answer.
62815.gif

Scott N.
Don't ya just hate that when you dig around for a hour or two looking for something complicated to make a Cub run, only to find you forgot to push the coil wire down all the way, LOL

WOW - Not only is Wyatt posting again with some frequency but HYDRO Harry made a post!
eek.gif

CHARLIE - That sheet You posted about the IH Employee Sale prices on Cubbies.....I used to live about 3-4 blocks from that dealership. It "USED to Be" WAY out in the country in East Moline but now is right in the middle of town. It was a "Company Store", an idea IH tried for a while. The building had the typical Company style. It's been a night club/sports bar, a couple different tire stores... Dad's '51 M got it's first overhaul & repaint at that dealership, It was called Cheek & Wessel IHC at that time in the late 50's.
When I first started at FARMALL I tried to get "Employee Pricing" on tractor parts, back in about '79.... Local dealers wouldn't give ANY kind of break on price. In Fact, Guy who sat across the partition from Me tried to buy a new QL Cub Cadet or a real early 82-series. His Son-in-law bought the same tractor for LESS$$$ than His Employee price was. The Only "Good Deal" IH gave their management was their Scout Lease program. Parking lots at FARMALL & IH E.Moline were full of manager's Scouts....They could lease them for about $100/month for two years then get another brand new one as long as You didn't put over 12,000/year on them.

Hydro Harry, good to see you post!
beerchug.gif
Been a long time.

Charlie, umm, what ya gonna do with the 125?
62817.gif
I better come down there and pick it up, it'd look much better at my place.
biggrin.gif

Matt G., I remember your Batmobile Cub! That was a while ago.
happy.gif

My 1st Cub model 126, just got it a month ago, since then I got the cub bug real bad and purchased my 2nd cub, a 122. Man I hope my garage will fit more cubs.
62827.jpg

62828.jpg

62829.jpg

62830.jpg

So lets get back to the Original hood brace thing.
To be honest, I don't ever remember seeing a hood brace on any O I ever had.

Charlie, when were we talking about hood braces on an Original?
dunno.gif
My Original's hood brace is intact!
happy.gif

62834.jpg

Latest posts

Back