• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 22, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave H.
Nice lookin zigzag you have there.
The thing is, you gotta count the cans here and match that number of Cubs with it!
beerchug.gif

62833.jpg

Kraig,
Larry H. asked yesterday.
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

CCO Question. Did the early Cubs have the hood brace? I have a # 1606 w/o the brace and no welds/marks inside that would show that there ever was one. Any input is appreciated.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Thanks Kraig, looks like I need the rest of the 3 point hitch, it also came with a QA36 thrower.
62837.jpg

Dave, yes, your 3 point is missing the bottom bracket that mounts behind the drawbar. BTW, that is a QA36A snowthrower.

Charlie, Ah, I missed that post..... I must need more coffee.
coffee.gif

Ok, what's a zigzag ? I returned all the beer cans, that's how I was able to buy my 122.

Dave, a zig zag is what some here refer to the style of grill that your Cub has. This grill style is hated by some and loved by others. I'm in the camp that loves them the grill was introduced on the 1x4/5 series and continued through the 1x6/7 series and is what is on your 126. I'm a BIG fan of the 125.
happy.gif

Charlie,

How many users here know how to pronounce Muscoda?
... also, it's Prairie Du Chien....

Jim E

Jim E.
I lucked out when I was there and did it right and there was a guy at the restaurant that told me so too! LOL
I got asked what I was doing there too!
I told'um and now I have to go back next month and check out 4 more Cubs stashed away in a barn or 3.
biggrin.gif

Course wearing a IHCUBCADET.COM t shirt kinda sparked some interest.

Charlie, what's the story on the 147 with the extra plumbing? Turbo? Propane?

CHARLIE, JIM - I used to deal with SCOT INDUSTRIES in Muscoda about two jobs ago. Spent probably an hour a day on the phone with them every day. However, Scot wasn't the largest employer in town. I used to have to drive there every six months to inventory My parts. What a shame to have to drive thru the PRETTIEST corner of ANY state in the country. I was getting paid milage so the trip kept getting longer & longer & longer every time!

Finally got the twins ready for Little G show going to be some smoke on the sled.
62846.jpg

62847.jpg

62848.jpg

Just brought home a Model 123. Lots of nuts and bolts missing. There is a broken Eng. flywheel cup. Somebody had removed the fenders, the seat and lost the base trying to get the loose drive shaft out exposing the hydro unit from above. I imagine that I need to split the tractor to install a new drive shaft? I was also wondering would it hurt anything (especially the hydro unit)I sprayed engine cleaner and hosed this thing down. It rolls easy and I wonder about the hydro, but I am hoping that things will come slowly back to life as I clean it up and replace parts.

James, there is a breather at the rear of the cast differential housing, I'd be a bit worried about moisture getting in there if you hosed it down. I believe the hydro pump is sealed well enough. Might be best off just using a stiff brush and/or some compressed air to clean most of the dirt off. Though I believe some guys have used pressure washers. FWIW, It isn't all that hard to split the tractor.

62850.jpg

Any of you northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin guys coming to the Freeport, Illinois show this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? I'll be there with the 1512 and maybe another. We've expanded the shade canopy, it's now twice as long, so we don't have to cram 6-8 people under a 5' x 9' piece of shade....
happy.gif

Howdy. When I bought my 105, it came with a bunch of extra parts. I'm trying to figure out what all I have and prices. I've been looking through the cub cadet parts look-up site, and would like to see pictures, especially of the kits.

I found part # IH-376478-r91 on the look-up, which says it's a steering seal kit. (Package, seal, seal retainer) The following pics is one of the things I found in my pile-o-parts, which I think is part of kit 376478-r91. Where can I find pictures of all the parts that would make the kit complete? Chances are in the pile of parts I have I probably have the whole kit, and some of what I have is in sealed unopened packages....can anyone post pics of the other parts to make this kit complete, or better yet tell me where I can find pictures of parts, kits, etc? Or I can post pics and we can play name that part...but I have a feeling you guys would get bored with that game!
bottom.gif

OK, here are front and back pics of what I think might be part of the aforementioned kit. Whatcha think? And what am I looking for to make the kit complete?

url]

url]

Jarrod, that is the seal AND retainer, should be/ could be PN: IH-394936-R91 for a 105. The seal is the foam piece and the retainer is the metal "D" shaped part. I believe they are about $12 or so new. Go ahead and post your photos of the parts we'll try to ID what you have.

Does anyone have an effective (and safe) way to clean the accumulated crud off of the inside of a metal gas tank?

Back