Archive through July 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy, Do me a favor, next time it dies reach down and turn the motor by hand and make sure it turns free. I found a coccoon in the elbow of a fuel inlet once. Take the carb apart and be looking for the wierd this time. The main jet has about 6 (?) little bitty holes, take it out, find them, put it up to your lips and blow through each one individualy. listen to the sound, if it sounds consistant at each hole your good. You have a restriction somewhere, only you can find it. Good luck dude, let us know.

Gentlemen-

I am having to drill some set screws out of the 129s pto. Do you need a carbide drill bit or something equivalent? They sure are hard little devils. I thought I had drilled some before with success but I'm just ending up cussing here.

Any advice? . . . Wayne

Wayne Shytle

Use cobalt drills and go slow and lots of lub to cool the bit. You don`t want to break a drill bit off in the hole btdt. Cobalt are great drills
old.gif

Just got this one back from my nephew. I have found it is much easier to let the younger guys do the cleaning and painting. He is set up for restoration. I am set up for...now what was it...uh...let me think...uh...give me some time it will come to me. O yeah, I like to sit and look at them and drive them in parades.

194241.jpg

194242.jpg

194243.jpg

194244.jpg

OK, I did it wrong again. Posting pictures must be for the younger guys as well. Maybe step by step instructions would help me. Anybody want to offer them. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Don....guess I need to go hunt some down.

Somebody needs to learn about the enter/return key. I haven't seen it this wide in a while. Nice tractors though.

Kraig,Matt thanks for your advice
worthy.gif

William, nice 86 your nephew did a good job. I noticed in your profile that you have a 1050 did you convert a 1000 to hydro or put a 10 horse in a 1250?

Kraig, you have one NICE o . What does K4K mean?

Kentuck must realy be catchin the fish or
destroy.gif
crash.gif

Lucas, K4K = Kub 4 Kraig. You'll have to ask Art Aytay about where that came from as he coined the term aka "Code" and instigated the details behind it. BTW, thanks for the nice comments. It didn't start out looking that nice, but then it was free.
happy.gif

Dave,

I think I have four very small holes in the high speed needle which I have sprayed carb cleaner in. I noticed when I sprayed in one I could get a spray of cleaner though the other three but I will recheck per your method.
Turn the motor by hand after it dies, what am I looking for? I'll check it .. I defer to experience and knowledge. Thxs again!!!

Lucas,

1050 is an MTD Cub of the same vintage as an 1811 with a 10hp single and a 3 speed gear drive (not Peerless, but rather the AL version of the old IH 3 speed).

Dad has one and they are fun little tractors.

Latest posts

Back