• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 09, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan,
Maybe you need this decal when your fingers get close to your keyboard!
29120.jpg

Shanen H.
That appears to be a Walbro replacement carburetor.

A = Low Idle Fuel needle (Preliminary setting 1-3/4 turns).
B = Idle Speed Screw.
C = Main Fuel Needle (Preliminary setting 1-1/8 turns).

(Message edited by RChristensen on July 10, 2005)

Lets see if i can upload a jpg.

29123.jpg

Couldn't pass up an opportunity to post a picture of the boy driving the new cub at plow day. Not sure who took the picture. Thanks to the photographer.

Oops, I just noticed you said jpeg. Oh well.

(Message edited by tcbusch on July 10, 2005)

Shanen,
Looks like someone adapted a different model Walbro carb to your Cub. I'd remove it and get a Carter Model N size #26 from one of the sponsors.
The bottom needle is for high speed mixture adjustment on the one you show in the photo. Top right is low speed mixture. Kenny

Shanen,

My (was my Dad's)127 had the same problem after a engine rebuild in 1981. Backfired on shut down if one did not let it idle for a minute or so. Adjusting the screws never fixed it. Problem went away after a carb rebuild in mid 90's, I adjusted the float to the proper height, figured too much fuel in the bowl after throttle down.

For those that might run into such issues...

Apparently it was the latest version of PolyView that caused problems. It has always been my default image viewer, and as such had control of image/jpg and image/jpeg. However, the latest version must've messed something up in the registry. After letting Paint Shop Pro 9 take over JPEG files (T Busch - JPG files ARE JPEG files...) I can post images again.

Unfortunately, Discus wasn't of much help, all they could say is "it's your browser." Uh huh...

Frank M., good question! I'd like to know if there was a SN break for when the grease decal appeared and/or disappeared from the Original. Also I only know of 2 versions of the pedistal with and without the curved slot for the steering adjustment. Not sure that a single hole is stock but then I could be wrong. Perhaps Craig C. will jump in here. He's had more Originals and has done more research on them than just about anyone else I know.

Bryan, I assume you are referring to the flat fenders vs the rounded fenders with this comment. Don't make me post the "perfection" photo. :eek:) <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

at least it's the lesser of the zig and zag evils<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

BTW, welcome to the Zig Zag club.
29142.jpg

Kraig -

It's always good to have parts in common with the better wide-frames
lol.gif

<font size="-2">c'mon, I know your mouse is poised over the POST button!</font>

Guys:

I am working on my 105 during the last couple of days. One of the problems is, that the S/G pulley is bad. I looked in the Parts Manual, and to my surprise, it has a Kohler Part Number (KH-235583). I surely would have thought the pulley would have come from IH or Delco-Remy. A little further research, comes up with different pulleys for different models. I haven't thought about this much, but I initially would have thought those pulleys would be all the same.
confused.gif

Can anyone expand on why the replacement pulley is a Kohler Part and the reason for the difference in the pulleys.

Thanks,

Roland, I believe the SG was initially sourced through Kohler perhaps that is why the pulley has a Kohler PN. Sometime during the 1x6/7 series IH started sourcing the S/G directly from Delco, this is also when the color of the S/G changed from yellow to black. I know the Original and perhaps the other 7hp Cub Cadets use a different S/G.

Bryan, I warned ya!!!! :eek:)

29144.jpg

As far as s/g pulley size, didn't the original, 70, and 100 use a smaller pulley for more torque because of the engine not having the compression release?

Roland B.,

Not sure about the part number thing but the reason for different pulleys on the S/G has to do with reduction ratio changes to match the starter torque requirement to that of a particular engine. Engine displacement and whether or not ACR (automatic compression release) is used dictate the reduction ratio, and therefore drive pulley diameter. The early, non-ACR engines used small diameter pulleys. Later engines used a larger diameter as cranking torque was reduced by application of ACR. For the same S/G used on several different displacement engines, a smaller pulley will generally be necessary for the larger engine due to the higher cranking torque imposed.

Roland -

A quick peek at http://www.mcmeen.net/CubCadet/K161%20Parts%20List%20IHC-1014240-R1.pdf shows that both the S/G and it's pulley (and other associated parts) have part numbers consistent with other Kohler parts.

Makes sense from a manufacturing perspective. Why should Delco make/stock a bunch of different pulleys when they can let the user decide what pulley would be correct for the application.

Anybody going to the show in Freeport, IL July 29-31? I'll be taking something there, but I haven't decided what yet.

I'm new to cub cadets,just found one at a tag sale,guy was asking $50.00 I offerd him $30.00 and he took it, I know nothing at all about them,and would like to learn more about what I have,it has kohler engine not sure what size,it has round fenders and oil bath air cleaner,3speed and reverse,the #s on the plate on motor are 658281 and under that 28542E can you tell what year it is from this information?it does not run but will turn over,does have spark and good compression,any help on the year and model would be greatly appreciated,thanks Jeff.

Sounds like an Original to me. Can you get a photo to post??

Does the grill casting go from frame to hood?? Is there a "expanded metal" panel in the grill casting??

Kraig, Wes, David, & Bryan:

Thanks for the input and perspective on the S/G Pulleys. I haven't given it much though but your responses shed light onto the design and reasoning.

Thanks again,

Latest posts

Back