• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 05, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donald...thanks....I knew there must be an explanation....I looked at the 169 unit for carb kits and it says 25-757-01....does make sense now since the 14's came with two different carbs.

Thanks again !!!

Charlie, Donald, Rick: The only difference in the two carburetor kits is that the -02 version needle valve seat has a wee bit of a nipple on the intake end...My experience is that they are interchangeable.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

DAVE - Wyatt & I talked about doing something similar with an oil pump. Drill the crankshaft and try to oil the rod bearing internally like an automotive engine but the hollow rod throw makes it kinda hard.

There was a really neat little 1/4 scale 1206 made out of a 129 at Redpower Roundup years ago at Penfield that was Turbo-charged. It had an oil pump belt-driven off the frt crankshaft to lube the turbo bearings. I never saw it running but I think Kraig has pic's He's posted here. Whoever built it REALLY did a nice job.

GERRY - Was that '62 Cutlass Jetfire the one with a turbo-charged aluminum 215 CID V-8? I saw one of those engines in a "Mini-Rod" garden tractor pull at the Rock Island County Fair garden tractor pull back in about 1985. Was an almost perfect 1/3 scale model of a 966 or 1066 FARMALL Super Farm pulling tractor. Even the 18.4 X 16.1 pulling tires looked in perfect scale to a real pulling tractor. Unfortunately He couldn't quite compete with the supercharged Chevy small block powered tractors but He came real close to winning.

Ahhh, That was back when GM had some interesting ideas, the Corvair Spyder with a turbo-flat 6 cyl. air cooled engine, the OHC Pontiac straight-6, etc. GMC was making BIG 90 degree V-6 truck engines, and I even saw a couple hot-rods built with the 702 cid V-12 which was basically a siamesed pair of 351 V-6's in a common block casting. Two distributors, two carbs, a real tuning nightmare!

How do you get the speed control lever off? I have removed the set screw and pulled and pried up some but I don't want to force it unless that is the only way.
Thanks.

Dennis Frisk

Now there is something you don`t see much of,
(the Corvair Spyder with a turbo-flat 6 cyl. air cooled engine)
I drove that car back a few years ago lol. It got kind of light in the steering when the petal was down.I was surprised to see a turbo on that engine.

Matt, how will the gas tank work out will it line up with the hole in the hood ?

Thanks for all the help I receved yesterday on my questions about wheel weight.

Did cub originals come with ROSS stering gears mine has one ?

Ned Smith
That lever can be a pain to get off. I removed the bolts for the bottom of the shaft and slid it up so I could get some pent fluid in there from under the lever.A light tap from under the lever worked for me. Good luck

within the last month or so there was a post about white paint from ace hardware comparing it to cub cadet white

i can not find the old post can someone tell me where it was ?

i have searched and cant find it

Back