• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHARLIE - For plowing I MUCH prefer a gear drive. No worry about IF the hydro is getting hot, Puts ALL Your HP to the rear wheels instead of heating up the Hytran. You just have to worry about Your roll pins holding up. My $0.02. ;-) RICHARD C. - It's hard to imagine doing some jobs without a loader isn't it? At least Mine's red.... ;-) Nice little over-head hoist. I've contemplated making something similar but much larger to span My whole shop. How much weight is Your elec. hoist rated for? I've seen Warn 120V elec. cable hoists in Northern Tool's cat. recently rated up to 3200#. My only problem is the low ceiling in My shop!

Mike,

You do not want to know what I have wraped up in my little 100. My wife is not to bad about it, she knows where I am and where the money is going. "Better than him going to the bar" is what she says.
Spot is about to go after my wallet again for a muffler upgrade. Those pepper pots are worthless!

That and I think Steve B. put it best. Eat the recipts.
proud.gif

Tedd,
At least I found new parts.
I was beginning to wonder...
My son was all for it.
I think the little usurper has his eyes on my cub.

Mike,
I've spent tons on my 107, which is now partly at Professor Chabot's Institute for Higher Cub Cadet Learning in Mass., Partly in my basement, the engine is in the garage......aren't projects fun! Now to find time to get to Jimbo's to get it going! Kenny

Richard, very nice hoist!!! Well thought out design. I agree with Shawn, plans please. BTW, can I come over and play in your shop? :eek:)

Charlie, <font size="-2">shhhhh, if you look at the photos of Richard's hoist where it's above his work table you can see his JD 770 in the background.</font>

Michael, welcome to the forum, that's one very nice Original! What did you do with the old seat? Please hang onto it so you can put it back to original, that is assuming it's the original metal pan seat.

Kenny, is this your 107? (An old photo from the archives.)
20190.jpg

My wife pointed out that a man with a lot size of 46' X 150' has no need for a tractor.
I told her I was going out to mow the "North 40"...

Hi Kraig, Thank you.
I don't have the old seat.
I'll just have to look for a replacement.
What does an original seat look like?

(Message edited by mkjohnson on July 07, 2004)

Kraig,

Yea, as bought from a buddy in April of 2000, just before I met Hydro Harry and Jim Chabot and got Yeller Fever!

Re: my 107;
I rebuilt the engine in the fall of 2000,(my first one), test ran it at the Institute. Put it in a donor 126 that Hydro gave me and used it to mow with in 2001, put my blade on it and used it as a snow machine 106 for 3 years, then sold the 106 roller last month and the engine is sitting in the garage waiting to be united with the rest of the 107. What a history!

Mike J.,
I have .29 Acres (80' x 160'). All my neighbors thought I was nuts until the first snow storm. While they enjoyed their hot toddies with warm toes, I was out there plowing the neighborhood! Now I repair all their L&G equipment and they refer friends to me so I can replenish the Cub Cashola Fund.

Kenny, I thought that was your 107. Please be sure to take an updated photo (for the archives) when you get it back together. :eek:)

Wyatt, Did you ever find the battery bolts you were looking for? I tried to email you but the message was returned as undeliverable.

Nice Original, Mike J!

Guys- lookie that smile- I think he's gettin' his $150 worth!

Mike, a guy with such a small lot has no need for a tractor. Bring it over to my place- I've got a 60 x 300' lot, and my 109, two project cubs, and two parts tractors need company! :)

Seriously- my wife had the same comments, but she's found the 109 (wide-frame hydrostat, 10hp) to be very useful in pulling our 5x6' utility trailer (with 1000lbs of compost) from flower-garden to flower-garden. I use it for pulling my boats around the property, as well as the scrap-metal trailer, tree limbs, etc... pushing gravel, dirt, and snow with the blade...

And then there's taking Nick (my 2.5yr old son) for rides. Definately requires a REAL tractor!

Guys, I appreciate your kind comments.
I really like quality workmanship and the Cub certainly shows that.
Its problems are relatively minor for being 41 years old.
...and yes, it does make me smile. I guess I'm an official "Old Fart".
Did I mention it's a convertable?
I just came back from checking my plow.
It looks like it's all there.
I think I'll get it blasted and paint it "yeller".

(Message edited by mkjohnson on July 07, 2004)

Michael, here's what the original seat would have looked like, minus the reflectors.
20197.jpg

Back