• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 05, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tmichalik

Ben M,

Sounds like when you do that carb rebuild you need to inspect the condition of the float.

These are simple gravity feed systems and the shut off is the float, kinda like all of our toilets!!!!!!!!!!!!

My project for today. Building an electric hoist to remove cub engines and to lift the front of the cub to install and remove mower decks. Getting too old to wrestle them decks around, figured this would be an easier solution.
The steel I'm using has a galvanized coating which isn't probably too good for your health. I use a mask when I grind off the coating and when I weld I do it outside with a big fan blowing on the welding area. I stay up wind with a welding helmet and mask and use new long rods. I finished the frame today and painted it. Hope the paint sticks as the humidity was up to 6 percent today. Guess the monsoons are on the way. Tomorrow I will mount the casters and the electric winch.

20146.jpg

20147.jpg

Left the new house today and peered into the neighbors garage,and what did I see a really really nice 1x9 or such sitting all lonely with no deck on it. He uses the push mower all the time so Im thinking of a scouting mission.the only thing is my wife saw the wheels turning and would like to know why I need another, and the have to have one of each argument didn't seem to make sense to her. I think i'll try the argument that my new little girl Abbie(8days old) is ready for her irst cub. Nice Idea for the lift richard, and it won't rust in those harsh arizona winters, hope you survive the flooding!On another topic, can I plow with a 782 or do I need to use a gear driven machine? what accessories will I need? thanks again,not much plowing going on on that 1/4 acre growing up.

(Message edited by slanda on July 05, 2004)

Had the dealer bring out a demo unit for this weekend. M60 TANK w/27HP Kohler Command. Cut mowing from 5hrs+ with the 1872 & 60" Haban to about 3 hours.

20152.jpg

Looks like we're in for another flood :-(

Ryan, I took the City of Rockford's M72 for a spin. VERY nice mowers!!!

Ben M , you can use the wider wheels from a later mod. but if your running a mower deck I don`t think they will clear the guage wheels.

RYAN - You need a mower like Travis's, 966 W/turbo pulling a 15 ft Batwing mower! ;-) WYATT - I think the OEM CC wheels for the 6-12 tires were only 4-1/2" wide.

Gee... I dunno... a 15' batwing is great for clearing wide-open-spaces, but in a yard with obstacles, I'll bet that M72 will mow circles around it (in every concievable definition).

My neighbor mows his yard with a 50" deck, and I can easily out-mow him with my 30" Dixon ZTR, simply because it takes me less time to turn around and start a new row.

I'll agree that the bigger TANK series mowers seem pretty well built... I've wanted a small commercial-grade ZTR for a while... :-}

DAVE - After the first couple mowings with the Batwing It'll get easier! BT-DT.... There's a certain beauty in green lawn-mowed expanses...

Not wanting to start a topic as old as "can you use an oil filter for a hydro filter"?
But, does anyone know a site that might give technical concerns?

Yes, there is conflict about this in the family. And I'm stuck here at work.

Well I made some progress on "K4K", my Original. I got the transmission/differential cleaned up and primed and got some internal parts replaced. I also have a bunch of the smaller parts cleaned up and primed. I had a can of CNH Cub Cadet yellow spray paint kicking around so I painted some of the clutch and the linkage parts. This isn't going to be a restoration, more of a refurbished tractor, as it'll be a working tractor when it's done so it doesn't have to be perfect. Tonight I hope to get the grill casting cleaned up and primed then I'll start on the frame. I need to order some gaskets, axle seals, bushings, axle clips and some other misc. parts. The freshly rebuilt engine I bought from Kevin D. should be here any day which means I'm way behind schedule with the chassis. I only have another week or so and the Cub project will go back on hold while I work on the house residing project. I did one half of the house last fall and I was going to start on it right away this spring but due to the rainy weather I put that project on hold. Now I'm waiting for my brother-in-law to finish his project so I can use his scaffolding. He should be done in a week or so then I won't have any more excuses to work on the Cub. :eek:(

David P. -

Yes, we've flagellated this deceased equine MANY MANY times here. Do we have money riding on this that you need a "valid" source?

The Sauer-Sundstrand technical specs for the series 15 hydro unit states:<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Inlet Filter
It is imperative that only clean fluid enters the hydrostatic transmission circuit, therefore a (20 micron (nominal rating) inlet filter is required in the charge pump inlet line. This filter <font color="ff0000">should not have a bypass</font> and should be changed regularly to ensure system reliability<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>Automotive oil filters have a bypass. Thus, YOU SHOULDN'T USE ONE ON A HYDRO.

You can find the document at http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/Literatur/index.html since I'm sure your family won't believe me
wink.gif

David P.
There are no "technical concerns", you CAN'T do it!
An oil filter is just that, and a hydraulic/hydro filter is just that, End of story. ;-)

Unfortunately it has some damage but it appears to be mostly cosmetic, some dents in the blower housing and scratches and scuffs to the paint. Bad shipping companies! They broke the pallet and the engine was laying on the S/G. Better that side rather then the carb. :eek:(

Thanks Bryan and Digger,
I wish it was just money, I have a teenager at home with time and a little ambition! (and i think a bad parts dealer)

Ryan:
How on earth did you even FIND that listing???!!!
Yikes!
Keith

Back