• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 02, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

I took the flywheel off of an M18S and all of the magnets stuck to the stator. Someone told me that if the magnets come loose from the flywheel, the flywheel is junk. Is that true? Can the magnets be bonded back in?

Chuck F,
Personally I would check to make sure that your float is stopping your gas flow. And or, your carb may be way out of adjustment.

Norm B,
Posted by Don V. answered your question on May 31, 2005 - 09:58 am.
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Norm as far as I know I've never seen magnets available by themselves. I have seem guys epoxy them back in. some lasted some didn't.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Digger,
When I read that from Don, I thought he was saying you could try to bond it together (one of my magnets dropped and broke in two). So you're saying that they are bonded into the flywheel? That's kinda weird, since the flywheel slipped off fairly easy and not one of them stuck to the flywheel. So you're saying the flywheel is scrap?

Norm,
If it broke, yer screwed.
Yes they are bonded to the flywheel and no the fly wheel is not scrap.
Like Don said, you might get a new or used magnet and try bonding it back, but I would think that a used setup would be cheaper and easier in the long run, JMHO on that though.
Personally, I'd find a complete setup and be sure.
thumbsup_old.gif

Looked at a super clean 782D today. Started great and has 750 hours. Comes with a deck and cub cadet tiller powered by an 8 hp kohler (this threw me a bit).

How does this powered tiller rate?? I am used to the belt driven IH's on my 129 and 1450.

Got in a small arguement as he claimed it is a 1986. I told him I thought International production (this one is marked International) stopped in 1981.

He got over it but I am confused. The charts I look at show it as most likely a 1981..........

Could it be a 1986?? Made by IH.

The wife says OK on buying the 782D for the $1800 as long as I sell my 1450 and 129 (hate to see them go!).

Bruce-It's badged as an IH but made by MTD. 1984 and 1985 were the 2 years. The earlier ones ran a mechanical fuel pump in addition to the electric transfer pump. The later ones had just the electric transfer pump. Don't worry about who made it,you won't be disappointed....
wink.gif

Hello to all, my 128 just developed a loose shifter, it will swivel and rotate and generally feels very loose. With much finesse I can still get into all gears. I'm hoping someone can put me on the trail of what's happened and how to fix it. I've seached the archives and haven't found anything yet. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Chris Young

Chris Young
Shifter broke.

29034.jpg

If you can weld it here is what you need to take it apart. (I don't remember who came up with this idea but it works good). If you can't weld it then you need to see one of the sponsers for a used one.

29035.jpg

29036.jpg

Richard C., FYI, it was Ted Shushereba that came up with that fix.

Kraig
Thanks, I fought those shifters until I saw Ted's method. I don't know how you keep track of the pictures and the names, I have a hard time just finding the pictures and I always like to give credit where credit is due.

Richard, I'm not sure how I do it either, blessed with a good memory and fairly good organization of my PC files I guess. If only my workshop was as organized as my Cub Cadet files. :eek:)

Thanks, Digger, I'll look around for a good flywheel from an M18S, although I think one from a KT17 is the same.

Thanks for answering...

Dave K.
Now I have to upgrade..
wink.gif

Now the pennies will have a use around here......

Looks like a unknown 12 horse is comming home Friday. Guy at work is sick of working on it and asked if I would take it off his hands.
proud.gif
How could I refuse such an offer???

I have a red 782 Hydro and I noticed A warning sticker on the side of the tractor and it states not to tow this unit damage may occur. Does anyone know what will happen and why? Just learning on this hydro stuff. Thank You

Pierre G.
I won't go into my story and pullin hydros since your new. Grin
BUT, you can move them around your garage and do no damage, or if it breaks down out in the yard, you can pull it back to the garage with no problem as long as you go SLOW!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

A question for the masses. Do you prefer INTERNAL BRAKE or EXTERNAL BRAKE cast iron rear cub transaxles?

Back