Archive through January 31, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC the last time I heard from KENtucky was back in November. Charlie has probably heard from him more recently. Charlie?
dunno.gif

Paul Bell, Luther were either of you hit with that ice? If so, I hope you're OK.

Jim Cartwright (Jcartwright) i did replace that cork gasket on my 149. Not a big deal; There are some pictures on here , search for cork gasket should help. Just 4 bolts on the pump i believe. Well guys maybe i`ll stick to my first thought on just power angle lol.Its nice here today but snow coming. later Don T
old.gif

Myron B/Matt G.

You are both right, just need to make sure we are on the same page. Batteries produce electrical current via a chemical reaction process and cold temperatures do affect that process and the battery's amperage output. That's why the Cold Cracking Amps (CCA) rating on batteries is lower then the regular temperature output rating. Battery warmers can help increase battery output as they keep the battery warmer than cold ambient temps which aids the chemical reaction process so it can produce more output amps.

The speed of electrons is constant, which if I remember correctly from my college days is at the speed of light. The resistance of a material affects how much current it can conduct and the resistance varies with temperature but as Matt said, it's effect is minimal for most metals for only a 70-80 delta change in temps.

Hope that clears that up for everyone.

Art -

Nice 100. Juice lift compliments it well. Did the double seal work on the shaft? Any word on the seat upholstery people?

Craig-
Thanks, yes the double seals on the Hyd-lift-Pump-Shaft worked!

<font size="-2">I'm still working on the seat redo, I'll keep you posted on the progress.</font>

Ron-

Whoops, you're right, that slid past all 3 of my proofreads of my post. Despite 3 semesters of physics, some stuff slides past me every so often, particularly when dealing with electrical stuff
lol.gif

my ignition switch went out(plastic broke and copper piece fell out the side) on my original. When I was pulling it out, i noticed that the insulation was stuck to and/or burned off of both wires. Other than a bad and arcing switch, is their anything else I should be looking at or testing before I rewire and replace switch?

Don T, thanks for the info. I looked it up in the archives and found a few good pictures of what I'd be looking at. Did you need to take off the fenders to get at everything, or can it be done by just taking off the middle cover?? I'd hate to bust my knuckles all up before realizing I should have taken them off.

Thanks - Jim

Nick H,
Early CCO decks don't have grease fittings. I drilled some into one of my other early decks since I use it, but decided to keep this one all original since it's on a 3-digit Original.

JIM - I replaced the cork gasket on My old 129 yrs ago. I just pulled the center tunnel cover and left the fenders on. I cleaned everything up really good with GUNK degreaser and a garden hose before removing the hydro unit because You don't want any dirt falling into the hydro. A pressure washer would do a fine job to if You have one. Like DON says, not a real hard repair, just four bolts and remove the driveshaft and hydro linkage.

If Your going to do the Hydro trunnion repair then the fenders should come off because it's buried pretty far back under the fenders. I did the trunnion repair on My 982 last winter and taking the fenders off made a WORLD of difference. I should have replaced the cork gasket but with all the steel hydraulic lines having to be removed I decided to leave it till the next hydro fluid & filter change. It only leaks a couple drips after every mowing when it's warm.

Latest posts

Back