Archive through January 31, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dennis. I'm looking at an 8" right now. Really only looking to get one. Guess I'll wait.
Josh

Dean S: The 50C has a 5/8" center pulley to match the 82 Series PTO's. Otherwise mostly the same...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I got a problem folks. I took my 127 apart and like a fool didn't pay attention to how the rod and rod cap go back. Does the hole in the rod cap go on the valve side of the engine or?? I think the piston goes in with the .010 stamp toward the front - right?? Thanks for your help.
Bob Windscheffel - bjwindscheffel

Robert, the hole in the rod goes toward the cam. Make sure the cap is lined up with the rod. The piston does not matter on a 12HP only on a 16HP.

With the picture quirks.... I use IE6 on XP Pro at work and NEVER have a problem. I use IE7, and FireFox 3.0.5 on XP Pro and have the same problem with the pictures as everyone else. I also have a 2000 machine with IE7 on and I never get a picture to show up on it. I am and IT guy at work and am always cleaning up my machines, and running the various ad-ware and spy ware cleaners on my machine. The one is a new reload from a week ago, so I am not sure what the quirk is. I have the caching turned off on my browsers so I loads the entire page fresh each time I visit it.

I may have to go out an scrape the slush off before it freezes again tonight and we get more...

Charlie+Kraig... either of you hear from Cubbie KentuckKen...does he have power or screwed like a whole bunch of cold people in that state. (<font size="-2">of course if he dont have power u aint gonna hear from him</font>)

I've also done the F5 and still no change. My IE is version 7 which does the same. Come to think of it, before I upgraded from 6 it did work right. Maybe IE 7 is also not willing to play right
1a_scratchhead.gif

Brennan..your deck, was that new steel you had bent up ? If so, what do you think you have in to it so far cost wise ? I have been thinking about putting a timed deck on my 73. The more I use the 73 the more I like it. Told my wife she won't have to worry about me using the 102 because it's been retired to lawn mowing for her to use.

Kendell thanks. At this point. I have hardly any slipping at all. I really have to hold the generater belt and try hard to turn the front of the clutch. I keep comparing it to my mod 70 clutch rebuild and how freely it spun after a rebuild. The last time I assembled it I tried in desperation to not tighten up the screws as much like you did thinking it would help the clutch release easier. The bearing seems ok. The reason I asked the question about the difference between rebuild kits 759-3489 and the one I am using the 759-3490 for my 125 is the nagging feeling that my friction disk is too thick. I remember opening up the kit and thinking "this disk looks a lot thicker than my old disk" I chaulked it up to thinking my old disk had simply worn down. I'll go back and check the pressure plate. Working 12 hour days 7 days a week so I am grabbing time here and there. Maybe if somebody put a micrometer on my head they would say I'm to thick between the ears
blush.gif

PS Brennan H great job on your original deck you should be righlty proud of that!

Hello gentelmen,
I bought a 3 point hitch for a 123 a year+ ago.Will this fit a 70??

Got a new toy today...$200 for both. The plow has never been in the dirt. The previous owner has a brinly cultivator he wanted to get rid of but I didn't have the room or the cash at the time. He dropped the price to only $100 for the cultivator. I hated to leave it there. Maybe next time... Nick
114108.jpg

well.....the IH 71 starts in this cold weather with no problem.as a die-hard Cleveland Browns fan....GO CARDINALS!!!!

Allen S - I got an email from Ken; said the brunt of the storm missed him, but his cable connection was out for a couple days because of the ice on the west end of the state. It'll take more than a "lil ole" ice storm to get him down!

Finally got the 100 put back together and running. Here's a couple shots just for giggles..

114114.jpg

114115.jpg

I just wanted to thank whoever was responsible for giving us the Hillman washer/bushing trick for the Kohler carbs. This engine was surging ever so slightly no matter how I adjusted the Gov Spring, but a couple of these washers took care of it!
thumbsup.gif

114116.jpg

Kevin S, nice job on the O deck. Did you not put the grease fittings in yet or did you get new "sealed" bearings? Nick

Well guys I think this plow would be great for the 149 or as an add on to the 129 loader. I`am off to town to get the local Atv shop to order 1 so i can see how it conects. i would love to have full power hyd angle on this and give it a try here lol. We will go above 0 (6) today and then snow tomorrow so i`am off to get the gas can filled. Have a great day all . later Don T
old.gif

114131.jpg

Looks like I'll be getting some good alone time with the 169 this week... I have to investigate, but I'm pretty sure it needs the gasket that goes between the hydro and the rear housing. I think it's item 23 in the picture. Should be fun!!

114134.jpg

Don:
Just a thought - I tried a V plow on a (OT) garden tractor (spent a lot of time fabbing it - pre Cub) and found that I couldn't steer the $%%^#@# thing. You need a lot of weight on the front end to make it work..

Don, to add to what Kendell wrote about steering, note that the ATV the plow in your photo is mounted on is 4WD. With driven front wheels it'll help that steer. No driven front wheels on a Cub, unless you have customized it.

Jason, yes the rear hitch for the 123 will fit the 70.

Nick, good find!
thumbsup.gif

Brennan, WOW, nice job on the mower deck!
greenthumb.gif

Latest posts

Back