• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50852.jpg

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

OK, What's wrong with this one? <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

No beer on the table?

Kraig,
I sure enjoy all the old pics you post!

Question: Near the bottom of your 11:09a pics posting, there is an illustration captioned, (FLIP LEVER TO PUSH). It shows the fella with one hand on the steering wheel and his other hand on the seat. How does he keep the lever engaged? With my 129, I have to continuously hold my lever up to keep it engaged while I push it around. Am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan, the 105/125 have a little bracket that can be positioned to hold the lever down.

50858.jpg

Ummm, before I get hate email or
bottom.gif
I'd better post something else.
happy.gif

50862.jpg

50863.jpg

50864.jpg

hi guys, hav'nt posted in awhile. lookin around in my back shed i found two old engines i forgot about. a clinton; don't hear that name much anymore. and an early kohler, K7-2 now all you motor heads, can you tell me how many h.p. it is or pony power [not to big of an engine] i may have a cub kadet project here.tom

Tom, hopefully your query on the old Clinton and Kohler engines won't get lost in those photos. Wish I had the answer for you.

kraig, are you kiding? a 125 was my first cub cadet. then it snow balled. i'am only interested in the h.p. of the kohler K7-2 tom

Kraig - Seeing that Quick Attach brochure made me wonder why I've always experienced quick detach rather than quick-attach.
biggrin.gif

Mike,
Good point, I see the lower bracket is a good 4 to 5 inches away from being coupled. I wonder what or who is holding up the back end of the bracket. Mine doesn't float like that when I am attaching my blades.
clappy.gif

Finally finished the chute rotator for the QA.(I posted the raw stuff way back on the 17th). Took it out for a test spin tonight (180 degree spin, that is). Lessons learned: Bat handle toggle switches on the dash look like a good idea, but are hard to find with snowmobile gloves on. (Project for the summer put the switch on the lift handle like David Kirk's)...
50876.jpg

That's the summer storage location for the belt...
50877.jpg

David K: There's only so many ways you can make a sow's ear into a silk purse.. I hid it instead ...
lazerburn.gif

If I owned a model 71, this post would be in honor of that number.
baldguy.gif

Terry B. - Getting the blade on is tricky - and awkward, and HEAVY.

Back