• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 25, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff B.
1 3/8 long x 1 1/8" wide.
220269.jpg

500-650psi is more accurate for early tractors.

When doing force calculations with hydraulic cylinders the bore of the cylinder drives the available force.

Cylinder area = PI*radius squared => 3.14*{Bore dia (inches)/2}squared = cylinder area (extension)

Cylinder area * PSI = force available

In this formula (sq in) * (#/sq in) cancels out the sq in and leaves force in pounds.

crash.gif

Charlie,Was happy to see you ride accross the page for a change! I'm tired of riding it all the time!LOL

Thank you Charlie... I could not of got a better response...

i wondered if anyone has converted the 147 over to manual or some form of hydraulic lift? i have the electric lift on the machine. while it does work, it has some sort of non-factory setup. looks like someone might have installed a lift off a jd140? its not what belongs on my tractor. it works but lifts the snowblower rather slowely. i don't know how fast it should lift the blower. servicing this thing might be a hastle since im not sure what machine it came off of originally. the previous owner did all kinds of strange modifications, lack of maintenance, and improper repairs. i have seen used lifts go for quite a bit of money, and it might need repair in the future. what are my options if it fails? are the lifts hard to find in good condition? tractor still needs work, but this is an older picture and it is in better condition already. its in usable condition, but still far from complete.

220272.jpg

ANDREW - There's some here who will disagree with me but the FIRST 147 I ever saw was selling at a household auction back in about 1980 when I was first looking for a Cub Cadet. There was a 104 or something also at the auction. Some attachments, but the 147 was maybe 10 yrs old +/-. And there were TWO elec. lift actuators in a box of spare parts that sold with the tractor plus the one that was on it.

I would plan on adding some sort of hyd lift in the future. Either with a ported hydro or an add-on pump. Might want to keep watching for a manual lift rockshaft if that fails.

There's a reason why the elec lift wasn't all that popular. I think the manufacturer has improved the lineal actuator in the last 30 yrs but if they were THAT good you'd see them on construction & ag equipment.

JERRY M. - The "Technical Term" for that type of bearing wear is "Brinnelling", which is similar to a hardness test by the same name which uses a 10 MM dia carbide ball and a test bar of known hardness, the test bar is held in a hand-held tool and struck with a hammer and using a calibrated scope the diameter of the dimples in both the bar and the material being tested are compared and hardness calcutated by the dimples relative size. Company I used to work for did HUNDREDS of Brinnel tests every DAY.

STEVE B. - It's facinating to figure up how much FORCE a hyd system can create isn't it! Once you get cylinders up in the 2-1/2" to 4-5 inch range the forces get CRAZY! More pump PSI really helps.

Looks like I get to play with the 70 & 42" frt blade agan today. I let the snow pile up last week and this weekend and went out and cleared the 3 inches +/- from the drive Tuesday. Even with tracks from cars & trucks I was able to clean right down to almost 100% bare concrete. Even with only about 100# total added weight on the back of the 70 and worn-out chains no real traction problems. The 70 & blade will NEVER replace the Super H & loader but it's great on these little snows. Sounds like it would be overwhelmed by the snows in the North-East too.

Dennis,
Supodda' get a few inches today and then I hearind some heavier stuff tuesday. Better get it pushed back today!

TOM - I've got one patch of ice from a big snow pile by a tree that melted on New Years about 25 ft in front of my shop that causes "slippage" to both the CC & FARMALL. But other than that spot I've got PLENTY of room for more snow.

I was able to get things situated in the shop one day last week so I can get either tractor out of the shop. All December & first part of Jan. I had to get the truck out first to get ANYTHING to move snow with out. SON wasn't real careful about how he parked HIS M last fall and it's taking up more room than it should!

Weather guy siad we'd get less than an inch today and maybe another inch tomorrow. We must have close to two inches NOW.

Latest posts

Back