• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 11, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rescued this cub and pulled the motor due to mice under engine cover (scroll down in forum)and to remove balance gears which i have one out one to go. I will check the other items you spoke of Jim and i am thankfull for all responses and opinions.

thanks Paul now i need to know if a 54 inch snow blade off Cub Cadet 1862 will fit my 149? it looks like a regular WF subframe in the pics but im not sure... i just missed out on a super nice WF plow on CL for $50!
bash.gif
bash.gif

Victor, just an FYI, that 982 data sheet is something I scanned almost 10 years ago along with a a majority of the other Cub Cadet related documentation that they have available across the street. I've given away literately hundreds of CDs with that info on it. Hmmm, they used to give me and the few others that scanned the documentation credit for it, I see they no longer do that... We have most of that same documentation posted HERE as well.

Mike M., yes Matt has (had?) a website with some Cub Cadet info on it.

Matt Stetar

(i need to know if a 54 inch snow blade off Cub Cadet 1862 will fit my 149?)

yes and no
The blade will fit and so will the sub frame I have one here.
here is what will happen. The sub frame hangs to low to work, when the blade is on the ground it will plow ok , but when you angle the blade it will cut in on the back of the blade. Your sub frame will have to be higher to take this problem away. If the sub frame is to high the leading edge (nose) will dig in and the back will be off the ground.
I have plans to use the 54" blade I have here but I will have to make a sub frame at the right height for the blade. This can be done by leveling the blade and measure down to see what you will need for the height at the pivot point where the blade is attached to your tractor(149).
I hope this is some help to you.I will be using the 54" blade on my 1512D next winter with power angle and will have to change the sub frame to work correctly. Later Don T

The 100 with the log splitter belongs to Brad Datisman. He lives in Hampshire il and he built the splitter himself.

Thanks for the tip Greg. I am in the middle of doing some wire cleaning. Knowing that will really come in handy.

I just recently changed my head gasket and all looked well. I ran it and it didn't run particularly well, bogging under load of simply driving up a hill. I removed the head again and saw oil on top of the piston and the right valve was very white. I am still learning about engine but what could be my problem.

Kraig - are those renderings from Solidworks? I just updated to Solidworks 2010 and it is amazing.

Brian, I have no idea, those are Matt G's drawings so he will have to answer.

Back