• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 22, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken, I live just across the Ohio River from Louisville, Kentucky.

Hey Ken,

What is a pin tool? Ive never seen or heard of one?!?!

stupid.gif

Jeff S., check in the Vault at the link below. It is a good set of pictures that may kelp you.

By Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, January 10, 2005 - 09:25 am:

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?lm=1105479451&file=/106/24944.html

I found this helpful when I fabricated my own parts and linkage to go with a spring I got. I put it on a 129.

BTW, also look further down that page for additional parts list and info.

Jason - I use to live in J-town on this side of da river. There's a guy named Paul Bell in L-ville that kinda likes cubs. Is Kentuckyana auto auction (think that's how it's spelled) still in biz up there?

STAD (if your name was Ulysses you'd have it made)
clappy.gif
Look in the Machine Shop section. Explore son, only way you'll learn
50269.gif

I've seen guys repaint them red but never seen a 'factory' red paint job. Gives me ideas...
repaint the 72. Nah! I'm now interested to see if there were any.

I don't know about yall but I can drive 2 min and find that crap, oh I mean riding mower, sitting doin what I think they were intended for real well, holdin the earth down and turnin green with envy!

Picked up another cub over the weekend, a 100, but its gots some problems.
Some are easy for me to fix, others I might have to ask questions about, like the problem with it not staying in gear.
Now to the problem and than question.

When in either reverse or 1st gear this cub will not stay in gear. 2nd & 3rd seem fine.

Would the most likely culprit be worn shifting forks?
And if so, will the shifting forks from a 126 work in this 100's tranny?

Anthony,
Dang it man.
We've got an off topic section.
Let's use it, please and thank you.
bottom.gif

Charlie

Well, came home from school, and got my sob 149 to start, dead battery, and a bad STA-CON on the switch, fixed the STA-CON, and I got a new battery for it, but I forgot to get it right hand pos facing the right way
angry.gif
, so I'll have to do some cable adjustments... Off To The Garage.

Alright Alright Alright!!!!

I’m just trying to give my advice and use a reference to what i was talking about!

Damn Charlie's brutal

Its not like were all one to be talking here!

It seems like these days the older generation doesn’t realize that something as great as tractors or even keeping a piece of history alive starts with how they treat the youth of today.

Is the factory I.H. paint led based?

If so should i wear a mask while sanding

Oh and did I.H. use lacquer-coated cotton-braided wires on the cubs?

Agood friend of mine named Kevin, hasn't posted in a looooond time, Had bent shift fork in his Orig if I remember right, had the same prob of not staying in gear.

Anyone alse like hearing themselves talk? I do. Just thought of a question to the gurus, We put hard poly-something bushings in to replace a quietline's engine mounts. It vibrated like crazy! We then replaced them with rubber bushings and things were fine. If before the quietlines the engines were solidmount why would this make a diference? Did kohler change the engine balancing? If there's a previous post on the topic then show me the way!

Anthony,
Since you want to vent in public.
I will too.
Don't even go there about how I treat the younger generation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think my reputation for helping precedes me as well as many others.
We have rules, those rules are here for a reason.
If we don't enforce the rules, that leaves the door open to anything and everything and that's NOT what this site is about.
Please try to use this topic for discussion about IH Garden Tractors built prior to 1981.
We have sub topic sections for a reason.
Use'um!
This isn't a debate. Just stating the facts man.

OK! Thank you Charlie! I finally have my answer to this question I've had since last summer when we did them. I'm gonna be a little more careful in my lookins for parts to use. I need to locate a couple parts tractors for some "projects" I got in mind and in doing so I'll be more investigative in knowing about them. As always knowledge is the best tool.

Oh, and Charlie I agree. I'm only 21 and I get along better with the older generation than I do with the same age-younger crowd. Rules are for a reason, and need to be followed.

Earl,
Dave Kirk is working on an after market ISO mount setup that promises to be better than what you can buy now and equal to OEM mounts when the tractor left the plant new.
He's a sponsor too.
beerchug.gif

Back