• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 13, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John Underwood,

We were having a hydraulics discussion on here a while back and you and I made reference to our Vickers hydraulics manuals. Mine is the Industrial Hydraulics Manual. I'm wondering if yours is the Mobile Hydraulics Manual. If so, when was yours published and what's the ISBN? I'm having trouble tracking down one newer than 1967. I assume Vickers still publishes these for their factory training courses because that's how I got mine. My local Motion Industries hasn't had any luck tracking it down for me, although I don't know that they've put much effort into it. I'd like to get a copy to brush up on manually operated valves because it's a weak area for me.

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry,

You just reminded me to look for it again. I couldn't find my copy at work, but found the one I have at home tonight. Mine is still the industrial manual but is the second edition 1989. The numbers on the back are 935100-B. I got this at the local museum book sale it looks like. It has a penciled in price in the front. They get a lot of stuff from retirees. I know I was looking for it on the web and couldn't find one either. I am guessing that since Eaton bought Vickers things have changed a little. The latest literature other than our in house proprietary stuff was a Danfoss book I down loaded from their website.

Since we design alot of our own stuff we have plenty of in house info we look at most of the time. I tried to learn most of the simple valves and stuff just to be able to understand stuff at home on the GT's.

Things get a lot more complicated with 6000 psi implement systems, hydraulic fan circuits, and the like. The other fun one is the winch system on a pipelayer. That will drive a person crazy.

John,

I don't know for sure if Eaton still publishes the book I have, but I got mine as part of a Vickers training session when I worked at GE Appliances in 2000. Not sure but I think that was after Eaton bought Vickers. I never applied anything from the class until I left GE. That book has been a great resource.

I've gotten into some fairly complicated systems, but 3000 psi is normally as high as go because of component availability. I designed a system a couple of years ago that had 8 lifts sychronized with a 2-station flow divider feeding 2 4-station flow dividers. It included bypass circuits to shut off 1, 2, or 3 lifts and route their flow to the remaining 5 to increase their speed. I had to stay below 1200 psi on the lift part of the system because of unbalanced loading on the flow dividers. The rest of the machine operated at 3000 psi.

I just a 6000 psi system, but it's an extremely simple circuit. It's a staged system that starts with air over oil. What surprised me is how difficult it was to find pneumatic components to work in the 300 psi range.

Aside from the Cub Cadets, everything I deal with uses 2 or 3 position solenoid or pilot operated valves, so intermediate spool positions have been a minor concern for me. Manaully operated valves are new to me and obviously more complicated. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the web about nomenclature, especially regarding float, motor, and open center spools so I'm looking for a reliable resource.

What's the Danfoss book that you downloaded called? I've looked around their website, but I'm only coming up with product literature.

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry,

I sent the Danfoss manual to your email. Good luck straightening of the terminology. One thing I have learned is every company likes to talk about things a little differently. The nice thing about GT's is they are about the most basic system you can have.

JOHN - One of the hurdles dealing with DANFOSS is the fact the company is DANISH. I've dealt with 2-3 other divisions of DANFOSS. Excellent company and excellent products. They used their success with their many other products to buy up a couple US based companies to broaden their product lines. Kinda like Seimens.

Dennis,

We do most of our dealings with Rexroth. I can't say that is much fun either. I just found a nice reference manual on the Danfoss web page one day and keep it around. It has a nice table for schematic symbols.

Hello everyone, I have made some progress on the 4wd Cub Cadet I started in January. It's not as far as I would like but it is a start. Does anyone know how Scott extended his shaft coming out of both transmissions. Did he weld an extension on the original shaft or make a new shaft?

187861.jpg

187862.jpg

187863.jpg

187864.jpg

Dean.
nice clean pivot point set up. looks like it will be very smooth..and easy to disassemble if needed..good luck on the project,
Good job. please keep us posted.
Darryl

Back